-SS ETL
-HR ETL

TL
-1 SS TL
-1 VM ( treated like SS TL)
-2 S&E Tls
(also do RFID and Weekly Price Audit)
-1 Food and bev
-2 GM -(1 inbound/ essentials/ kitchen & stat) + price change, suspect task, and all other opening requirements.
and 2 ( toys, sport seas, storage, spot, and fulfillment)

Gained a FF TL position and that person will now take over fulfill and pog leadership duties…. but no other department changes have been made. Does this make sense?

There's a recommended breakdown by volume/headcount of who should own what. That being said, my old district didn't follow it at all and implemented a standard for all their stores to follow that was off model.

In any case FOTL isn't supposed to own any departments. When the TL for Fulfillment owns a department, they're usually a low volume store and keyed as GMTL. Based on what you wrote for leadership headcount that might be what's happening, as most base stores will have 3 GMTLs and 2 SSTLs.

When the TL for Fulfillment owns a department, they're usually a low volume store and keyed as GMTL. Based on what you wrote for leadership headcount that might be what's happening, as most base stores will have 3 GMTLs and 2 SSTLs.
That was my thought. My store has 3 GMTLs

Breakdown is GM 1 - inbound, essentials, kitchen, stat and Bullseye

Gm 2 - toys, storage, pets, seasonal, sporting goods and fulfillment

GM 3 - all process ownership. Pog, audits, price chance, RFID, etc

Odd to have SSETL with only one TL and VM, I wouldn’t doubt your store is probably over ETL headcount now.

Looks like your store is a little lower volume and doing things their own way, but it doesn’t make sense to me for 1 leader to own both fulfillment and pog. I was gonna say POG tl should be owning price audits and RFID, but yours is already going to be so overwhelmed

We have a dedicated fulfillment TL: ship and OPU

Wow I'd kill for that.

My store is
1) pets, Chem, hba/otc, paper, inbound
2) kitchen, stationary, storage, toys, sporting goods, seasonal , bullseye, all process ownership
3) fulfillment

(You can probably guess which one I am...)

Wow I'd kill for that.

My store is
2) kitchen, stationary, storage, toys, sporting goods, seasonal , bullseye, all process ownership
3) fulfillment

The one your store follows is actually the recommended 2 GMTL + 1 FOTL breakdown. Both of them sound rough to me though 💀

Depends on volume. If you're just now getting a FOTL maybe it's doable? But when you have 20+ TMs to chase around and your store is struggling, it's already the hardest job in the store aside from Market TL (imo). I'd love to be able to break away and help the rest of the store, but the first extracurricular activity, if FF is running okay, should be digging through the suspect tasks (again imo). No time for other shit.

Depends on volume. If you're just now getting a FOTL maybe it's doable? But when you have 20+ TMs to chase around and your store is struggling, it's already the hardest job in the store aside from Market TL (imo). I'd love to be able to break away and help the rest of the store, but the first extracurricular activity, if FF is running okay, should be digging through the suspect tasks (again imo). No time for other shit.
Considering GMTL Ops team is supposed to do suspects (if you're following the new op model), I'd try to do manual audits on outs and try to get ahead of INF in high INF departments. For example, if storage/utility had been trending high with INF, it might be worth it to audit outs over there and manually count some items that sell quick or are suspect.

Wow I'd kill for that.

My store is
3) fulfillment

I had this, except it was only 2 and #2 and #3 were the same person, aka me. I liked it honestly

Also meant that on the alternating weekend, I did inbound. My STL would joke with the ETLs that it was Mavdog's store, they just worked here lol

Back