Archived Leadership moves at HQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, did you hear about all the changes at HQ today? Any details? I can't remember all of them, biggest one being Tina Schiel taking charge of Target Canada.

Didn't last long. John Butcher is in charge now. Also who is John Butcher?

There was a thread about Tina possibly being the next CEO after Gregg retires in a few yrs. If she successfully turn Canada around this will be a no brainer. Yes there were a lot of changes at the top noted that Brian Berg is retiring and Derek Jenkins quitting.

I haven't checked my email in a couple of days, so I haven't seen them. But frankly, as a lowly GSA, why in the world do I need to be sent those emails? The names mean nothing to me...how about instead they pass down important stuff to us...like when they plan to get our registers fixed that haven't worked in weeks since the last software update.

Isn't that the truth. I recognized two of the names and only cared insofar as I'm seeing Tina's name a lot more so her taking over for Gregg seems likely. Unless she's a big step up or a big step down I don't give a flying crap. E-mail me about why we have enough small bags in the backroom to last us for 3 years, yet we have 1 box of large bags and about half a pallet of medium bags left >.<

There was a thread about Tina possibly being the next CEO after Gregg retires in a few yrs. If she successfully turn Canada around this will be a no brainer. Yes there were a lot of changes at the top noted that Brian Berg is retiring and Derek Jenkins quitting.
Never met Brian Berg, but I had the misfortune of meeting Derek Jenkins when he was a Group Director. Nothing but an anal egomaniac. I'm glad he is leaving.

Never met Brian Berg, but I had the misfortune of meeting Derek Jenkins when he was a Group Director. Nothing but an anal egomaniac. I'm glad he is leaving.

Bryan is very pleasant actually. Met him a couple of times. Very friendly and easy to talk to.

I have met Brian Berg a couple of times too. I thought he was a really personable guy. The one thing that really stood out to me was that when he came through the store he actually talked to team members. Made an impression on me.

lol, don't worry guys. Tina's in charge now, all our problems will go away.

Even though I share most of the same sentiments about Tina as a lot of people... I think Tina can definitely turn Canada around. Now call me the optimist, but she's super smart. I walked with her during a Visit once, if anyone says that Corp. Leadership doesnt know whats going on in stores, that statement cannot be made about Tina, she knows.....

So she knows and yet still institutes the foolish policies she has been responsible for?

Right, wasn't she the brainchild for the vibe? It sounds great in practice but doesn't work that well in real life. Bandaid on a gunshot wound.

I SWEAR I saw Tina in my store a few years ago. No big visit or anything. She had long hair Tina's color, was wearing red and khaki and had a big puss on her face when she looked at me. I've asked people around my store who are in the know with Target and they don't know if she ever visited but I swear it was her. Not sure why she would be far away from MN though.

So she knows and yet still institutes the foolish policies she has been responsible for?

Right, wasn't she the brainchild for the vibe? It sounds great in practice but doesn't work that well in real life. Bandaid on a gunshot wound.

I SWEAR I saw Tina in my store a few years ago. No big visit or anything. She had long hair Tina's color, was wearing red and khaki and had a big puss on her face when she looked at me. I've asked people around my store who are in the know with Target and they don't know if she ever visited but I swear it was her. Not sure why she would be far away from MN though.
You say cihyfs to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back