Archived Leadership "Test"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kroneru

is choosing a custom title.
I'm being considered for leadership. Not in the pipeline or on the bench yet. LOG is my work center. Our background will be undergoing re-profiling this upcoming week. I guess leadership want to see my capabilities and want me to lead a team they assembled consistent of TM's from BR and not BR.

There was never a formal sit down as to what I will be responsible for or what they expect of me. A testament to Target's wonderful communication system... Two weeks prior to the project start date is when an Etl mentioned to me at the end of a conversation I'd be leading before walking away. It happened 1-2 times again. Stl did it twice. Testing my judgement is own thing but I feel like I'm being sent in blind. Mind you I have asked for direction on how to handle this responsibility but no follow through from either of them. Project begins in two days. Advice?

I understand what you mean. At the same time I don't want to held responsible for things I wasn't given instructions on. Last thing I need is to get pulled aside in front of the team for assistance they should have given the prior week.

We'll see.

Plan out your moves early to avoid rework and loss of productivity. Surely your ETL logistics or your MSL (not sure if everyone else's Market Sales Leader was heavily involved with logistics processes in their group/district, but our guy was/is) has plans in place already.

Plan out your moves early to avoid rework and loss of productivity. Surely your ETL logistics or your MSL (not sure if everyone else's Market Sales Leader was heavily involved with logistics processes in their group/district, but our guy was/is) has plans in place already.

I pulled my ETL Log aside from the mid-day zone today. As you said he did have a plan and coincidentally said he was going to pull me aside to share it with me. *couch*sure*cough*
They're throwing BR TM trainees (oh boy...) into the group and Instocks TMs but I'll have another knowledgeable TM leading with me. So this isn't a personal test as much as them having the seasoned TMs lead the project.

Yes, and I was sent to receive subpar, inadequate training which led to frustration upon return to my then home store. To much winging it and feeling lost half of the day and I wasn't going to be held accountable/fired over things that weren't explained to me. So yes I return to BR for less pay, less hours, and more work because it was more fulfilling and I felt more efficient.

Last edited:
The last two months I was assigned to lead a team of 3-5 TM's in re-profiling the entire backroom. Now I've been phased into SFS. Just today I was told that I'll be receiving Instocks training at some point.

I have no clue as to what they're planning anymore.

The last two months I was assigned to lead a team of 3-5 TM's in re-profiling the entire backroom. Now I've been phased into SFS. Just today I was told that I'll be receiving Instocks training at some point.

I have no clue as to what they're planning anymore.
Did you learn or gain anything?

Heard from someone yesterday that they overheard leadership talking about a open Signing TL position and my name mentioned as a potential. Now earlier that day the ETL that initially approached me about being a TL told me a position at the front end was available. The most direct offer on an available TL spot since I was asked three months ago. He knows I was a GSTL for a short stint though I've expressed no interest in returning to that workcenter. Signing however appears more engaging and I would be willing to pursue.

@Kroneru as a Signing Ninja you will be a team of one.
It will require every skill you have ever learned and many you thought didn't exist.
However from the level of snark and your clear head, I'm pretty sure you can handle the job.

ooxCt2D.png

Thank you for those words of encouragement. Going to read up on the Signing process in the mean time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back