• Bulk Plastics

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Market

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Domestics

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Housewares

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Furniture/Home Dec (maybe Hearth and Hand)

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • HBA

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Other

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters

UboatOfDeath

The time frame vs reality
I honestly hate HBA with a burning passion, they send all the new people to die there on their first day... Mostly a lot of nosy elderly women work in that area of the store... Anyways these are my experiences with HBA:

-the one for one's are on shopping carts
-since the the one for ones are on shopping carts, heavier items are prone to crushing lighter items causing said items to leak (and we're responsible for cleaning up/processing chargeback)
-if for whatever reason you're asked to push HBA by the time the store opens and there is a lot of one for ones remaining... you will be reminded that no pallets are allowed on the sales floor therefore you will feel overwhelmed if you don't have a method of separating the push and the backstock (good luck doing that on a standard shopping cart), especially if you are about to leave or have less than one hour before your shift ends
-items can be on either be on high shelves or very low shelves, prone to falling or tipping over; very very very time consuming to fix unless you don't care, but you if neglect it you become part of the problem as sometimes there are other items in the same aisle that were tipped over and no one bothered to fix it which leads to people flexing the merchandise...
-cosmetic merchandise needs to be separated from the push that came from the truck as the shift leaders instruct us not to push it
-in my store HBA is located near market (refrigerator area & receiving area to be more specific), on very cold or rainy days you can always feel a gust of cold wind passing by through the aisles as the loading bay door is always open

Last edited:
why are your one for ones on shopping carts...wtf....

anyway

hate pushing market
Are you guys having to use shopping carts because you don't have enough u boats and triple tiers? The last time we used them for freight or pulls was around the time corporate was changing how we work out truck multiple times a week.

As a market person, my vote is for pfresh. Specifically, Milk. Gallons and cartons, it's such an annoyance holding them in wierd ways, and pushing gallons can get tiring. The half gallon cartons have to be held in such an angle cuz if u do it from the top, the carton opens, the middle is too slippery, and that leaves to holding the bottom and tilting it a little for a grip. U mess up, u drop and spill the whole thing, leak, explode, all over you.

Since I just close now, I don’t do a ton of push anymore unless there’s an endcap or something that needs filling. But when I used to do dayside I hated pushing toys, most of it had to be backstocked. I know that’s an issue in every department, but it was especially bad in toys.

why are your one for ones on shopping carts...wtf....

anyway

hate pushing market
I think it's mostly because during our unloads, our shift leaders wants us to prioritize on the Uboats before we start organizing merchandise on pallets.

Also like two people from overnight inbound team are scheduled at 10:00PM to clean any potentially contaminated Covid surfaces including Uboats or flats.

Thus forcing the backroom/inbound team to work with shopping carts (three tier carts are rare sights in our store, unless the folks from softlines hoard them).

Any department that's not mine.

😃
Absolutely, especially on days when the push from the truck is done and our shift leaders ask dayside or market shift leaders on what they want us to do!

I think it's mostly because during our unloads, our shift leaders wants us to prioritize on the Uboats before we start organizing merchandise on pallets.

Also like two people from overnight inbound team are scheduled at 10:00PM to clean any potentially contaminated Covid surfaces including Uboats or flats.

Thus forcing the backroom/inbound team to work with shopping carts (three tier carts are rare sights in our store, unless the folks from softlines hoard them).
this is the weirdest shit ive seen in a while and why is your store using inbound team members to do cleaning and not using cleaning hours and team members from another workcenter 2 hours before the store opens as is best practice... wtf ...

HBA was alright, but I hated cosmetics specifically. Market was my least favorite to zone/reshop.

this is the weirdest shit ive seen in a while and why is your store using inbound team members to do cleaning and not using cleaning hours and team members from another workcenter 2 hours before the store opens as is best practice... wtf ...
I honestly don't know 🤷‍♀️
I asked my co worker why they changed her schedule, she told me that at some point the shift leader asked everyone (except me, apparently I wasn't there that day)
from our team to see who can come in 10:00pm to do some cleaning... and she volunteered to do it (for almost a year already)

Last edited:
Market would be least favorite. Although I have to agree with @moninity about styrofoam.

But as someone who owns personal care and OTC, I actually like pushing those areas. And I liked pushing cosmetics when I did that. But then I enjoy detailed, small things so there ya go. (Although the super glue used on deodorant cases and having boxes of Advil fly out of my hand when the cellophane comes open unexpectedly aren't the most fun. So it's not Paradise.)

Isn't it great there are a variety of departments?

I like OTC and Stationary best. 1 F1 s are no sweat as are the boxes for push. Only down side is both are right near the front so I m a first responder for back up and for guest s. Can't stand anything with Styrofoam.

Hands down--shoes.
I don't mind shoes. In Style, Infants is the worst for me. So many tiny pairs of leggings, so many different folded tops. And the hanging stuff all starts to look alike.

Baby Hardlines can be aggravating as well, especially if you have to detrash on the floor.

Back