Archived limit on target debit card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning on making big purchases in the near future. I was looking around the forum and found out that a team member tried using his target debit card but it was declined since it was 1,300 dollars worth of purchase. Is there really a limit for the debit card?

I think it is based on your prior purchase history. I had a guest get dinged the other day on a tv, it just wouldn't go thru. I would call and ask!

On the temporary one, the limit is $200. On the permenant one, it's based off of your purchase history...so the more purchases you make, the higher it will be.

There is also a limit to one cash back per every couple of days...depending how long the transactions take to clear the bank.

On the temporary one, the limit is $200. On the permenant one, it's based off of your purchase history...so the more purchases you make, the higher it will be.

There is also a limit to one cash back per every couple of days...depending how long the transactions take to clear the bank.

How can there be a limit on cash backs when I see guests do multiple cash backs all the time? They want more than $40, so they split their purchases into two groups and it always lets them do it.

I tried that the other week, with my red card and it would put the purchase thru until I removed the 2nd cash back. I gather it might work for a bank card where they are pinging the bank... But not with the red card.

How can there be a limit on cash backs when I see guests do multiple cash backs all the time? They want more than $40, so they split their purchases into two groups and it always lets them do it.
You can do it on a regular debit card where the card has direct access to the funds. But on the redcard, because the card does not have direct access to the funds and it has to physically clear the bank, you cannot do a second cash back until the first one clears...which can take a couple of days.

I recently changed bank accounts and updated the account info on RCAM. Now every time I try to swipe my Debit REDcard and obtain cash back, it gets declined and the little receipt prints out, no matter what. But it clears just fine if I do not select any cash back. I haven't used the card to get cash back in over a month or so, thus I am confused why this is happening.

Any ideas? I'm pretty sure I'm out of luck on getting this fixed. No way am I calling Card Services and talking to some know-nothing from Target India. I often hear from guests who have had longstanding issues with their cards, never to be resolved because Spot apparently doesn't care about its guests actually being able to use their cards properly.

Whenever I call them, they always seem to provide a solution to my problem. Lol

Unfortunately it is. Things jus't work differently here. It would be much better if they were taught some american culture before being let loose on the phones. But, we know targets isn't paying for that.

I try to remember that the people that answer the phones over seas only speak English as thier second language it is very frustrating when I can not understand them. Some American culture or slang would probably help though. Like the time I told them I had "the blue screen of death" and they sent a 32" monitor to fix the problem.

I try to remember that the people that answer the phones over seas only speak English as thier second language it is very frustrating when I can not understand them. Some American culture or slang would probably help though. Like the time I told them I had "the blue screen of death" and they sent a 32" monitor to fix the problem.

That kind of thing doesn't just happen with different cultures.
My grandfather loved to tell the story about how when he was in the navy, they were trying to build sprayers for insecticide against mosquitoes they needed wing nuts to attach them to the plane.
There was nowhere on the forms to requisition them so they called and ordered them from the depo some place in Georgia.
Two week later a huge truck arrived with a wing for a B52 bomber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back