Archived Limited quantity ad items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else experienced extreme shortages with the laptops on the front page of this week's ad? I've had quite a few guests who to put it mildly have been less than thrilled that we got just 2 allocated to our store and both sold out on Sunday with no more on the way from the DC and of co urse being in short supply we can't raincheck them. I totally understand that Target runs sales like this to drive guest traffic but does anyone ever feel like corp is setting us up to get yelled at by screaming good electronics deals then us never having more than a couple to go around? It happens every year I know and usually during 4th qtr aka Xmas. Just looking for feedback and maybe some tips on how to highlight the whole "limited quantity, no
rainchecks" disclaimer in the ad that people always seem to miss or not get :) I want to help all my guests and give them accurate info :) Thanks for any and all feedback/comments!! I do love this site!

Well it's an ad strategy.... If tms getting yelled at drives sales up, i honestly don't see why target should stop.. Of course in tm pov it sucks. But they are the employer and we are the employee :(

Target loves to drive up demand by limiting high demand/special sale items.

Wii's, Wii Fit, and Mario Kart were one of many examples. My old store would only get 3 Wiis in a week. Then got only 4 Wii Fits in a week after not receiving any for 4 months after its rollout. But you could simply go to WalMart or Best Buy and see a endcap or pallet full of them.

Really? Almost all the Targets in my area are out.

No kidding, I'd love some right about now lol. Yeah I totally understand that its a great way to drive foot traffic into the store, just curious as to how these types of items flow into other stores.

We had about 20 on Sunday but we were sold out by Monday afternoon. It's a good thing too-those things were killing our attachment rate!

We had about 20 on Sunday but we were sold out by Monday afternoon. It's a good thing too-those things were killing our attachment rate!

I hear that! The free giftcard offers do it to us at our store also because the guests want to use the giftcards towards the accessories so we have to ring them up seperately.

I know! We had maybe 5. I think we sold out on Monday or Tuesday.

I hear that! The free giftcard offers do it to us at our store also because the guests want to use the giftcards towards the accessories so we have to ring them up seperately.

I hate that too... :(
It's also a bummer when someone buys something expensive (ipad, ipod, video game system) as a gift for their kid or whoever and they don't buy games with it cause it's birthday gift. They end up depending on other people (family, friends) to get the video games and accessories as other gifts. Ah, accessory attachment...blah.

We got 3.

Of course they went the most of the summer without sending us a single digital camera despite the sales, I started to refuse to put up the ad signs because it became such an issue. Our state has laws that holds us legally liable if we have a sale and do not make an effort to get them into the store on time.

Our STL started to ask questions about what was going on and he was told, "You're store doesn't fit our business model anymore." It was delivered fairly ominously.

Distribution really needs to be lead into the woods and left there to rot like a so called Uncle. I went next door to a Shop-Ko and checked out their supplies. They were completely full of digital cameras and had about 10x the items we did. I can't tell you how many items they send us labels, fittings, and signage for that they never, ever send us. We once went a year without any of the Nikon lenses despite the fact that we complained about it all the way up the ladder numerous times. It's frustrating for the guests and the team members because we want to sell them stuff and they want to buy the said stuff but corporate is just saying no.

Reactions: NOP
I know! We had maybe 5. I think we sold out on Monday or Tuesday.

I hate that too... :(
It's also a bummer when someone buys something expensive (ipad, ipod, video game system) as a gift for their kid or whoever and they don't buy games with it cause it's birthday gift. They end up depending on other people (family, friends) to get the video games and accessories as other gifts. Ah, accessory attachment...blah.

Yup, gotta love it lol.

We got 3.

Of course they went the most of the summer without sending us a single digital camera despite the sales, I started to refuse to put up the ad signs because it became such an issue. Our state has laws that holds us legally liable if we have a sale and do not make an effort to get them into the store on time.

Our STL started to ask questions about what was going on and he was told, "You're store doesn't fit our business model anymore." It was delivered fairly ominously.

Distribution really needs to be lead into the woods and left there to rot like a so called Uncle. I went next door to a Shop-Ko and checked out their supplies. They were completely full of digital cameras and had about 10x the items we did. I can't tell you how many items they send us labels, fittings, and signage for that they never, ever send us. We once went a year without any of the Nikon lenses despite the fact that we complained about it all the way up the ladder numerous times. It's frustrating for the guests and the team members because we want to sell them stuff and they want to buy the said stuff but corporate is just saying no.

Unbelievable to hear that kind of response!! I have Mysupported our store's major out of stock issues and am always given the same generic unhelpful response, "Overall T-xxxx does look light however there is not enough inventory in the pipeline to increase your OTL or shipments to your store. If you continue to feel light after the recovery date, please submit a new out of stock form."

My store's Ad Items in Stock score plummeted during Q1 because they wouldn't send us items. Our leadership acknowledged that it was a distribution problem, but still pushed Instocks to do rainchecks and substitutions wherever possible.

We got 3.

Wow. Just wow.

Yeah MySupport is a real waste of time, though unfortunately it's the only recourse we have.

We started out with about 30 of those laptops, and sold out by Monday evening. Only a few I was able to sell attachments and Service plans. We are only getting 4 from the DC according to Instocks on the PDA. They will be gone within hours I am sure. The rest of the stores in this area of course are ALL sold out.

The real problem though is the 50 inch Element, we haven't had that in stock for almost a month now. The last time it was on TPC for 499, we sold the last one, and haven't had any back in since. Now of course it's on sale, and we have to set up a sub. The crazy part about it is though that on Instocks we get a Z-Date for January! Are they SERIOUS? JANUARY? What the heck?

Yeah MySupport is a real waste of time, though unfortunately it's the only recourse we have.

We started out with about 30 of those laptops, and sold out by Monday evening. Only a few I was able to sell attachments and Service plans. We are only getting 4 from the DC according to Instocks on the PDA. They will be gone within hours I am sure. The rest of the stores in this area of course are ALL sold out.

The real problem though is the 50 inch Element, we haven't had that in stock for almost a month now. The last time it was on TPC for 499, we sold the last one, and haven't had any back in since. Now of course it's on sale, and we have to set up a sub. The crazy part about it is though that on Instocks we get a Z-Date for January! Are they SERIOUS? JANUARY? What the heck?

The Z-Date, unless it is a recent one, is fairly useless metric for getting stuff in. Usually when it's that far out then it's just a place placeholder while they are updating the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back