Archived Listening to music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickey

Searching for a PDA
When you're a closer; is it ok to listen to music?

I'm sure it's not specifically allowed, but would it be such a bad thing to listen to some tunes to help me get thru the night?

Thanks!

In our backroom there is a stereo going constantly. For the floor it's generally only OK if the store is closed (overnight) and even then ASANTS so ask your TL or ETL.

Thanks for the responses, everyone!

I'm indeed a backroom TM, btw.

All BRTMs are allowed to listen to music as long at they only have in it in one ear. We even have a radio backthere

Our flow team is now allowed to listen to music until 10am. It's boss
That shouldn't be happening. I know all stores aren't the same, but still....

Let your DTL catch wind of it or see it on a visit.

Our store is no headphones while the store is open for anyone, including backroom. They do have a radio in the backroom which is allowed anytime.

I have a team lead that listens to music on the sales floor during the last couple hours of a closing shift. And it's really annoying music too.

That shouldn't be happening. I know all stores aren't the same, but still....

Let your DTL catch wind of it or see it on a visit.

Our store is no headphones while the store is open for anyone, including backroom. They do have a radio in the backroom which is allowed anytime.

I had hopes that last time our DTL was in, they would put the kabosh on the music after opening...but they didn't. Some of our TMs play it for everyone to hear, other TMs wear one ear bud in. It is getting ridiculous and trashy. I hate it.

I had hopes that last time our DTL was in, they would put the kabosh on the music after opening...but they didn't. Some of our TMs play it for everyone to hear, other TMs wear one ear bud in. It is getting ridiculous and trashy. I hate it.
Just because you hate doesn't mean everyone does. I don't see how anyone who works there could be anti-music

I used to wear buds from 3a - 8a but a new ETL killed that. He said we can play music without earphones only, for safety reasons. Music is never allowed while the store is open.

Occasionally an ETL from another store will fill in... when she's here we have overhead music until the store opens.

We had a regional visit when they were playing music on the stereo in the backroom. The guy said he liked their taste in music.

If I have a 7AM shift on Wednesday (research day at my store), I have my playlist of upbeat music that I can dance along to and not die of boredom doing research.

I also listen to music if it's a slow night starting around 10:30 (we close at 11) but it's pretty rare that this happens.

I don't know about closing but as a signing ninja, you try building dozens of bins and displays in the back for BTS or Christmas without music.
Just try it.

Just because you hate doesn't mean everyone does. I don't see how anyone who works there could be anti-music

I'm not anti-music, but I'm anti some of the trash my coworkers play. Also, try standing in between two areas where two TMs have their music turned up, so you get some obnoxious combination of the two. Now imagine going into a store as a customer and having to put up with this.

On top of it, with people having one ear bud in, it's obvious they are distracted and not helping guests as well (I've seen it). And when they have one earbud in, it's only one slip when the LOD isn't around to stick in the second earbud and ignore everyone and everything altogether.

I think it makes for a pretty lousy guest experience. But it's not my show. So I'll just wait and see what they do when the cashiers insist on doing the same thing as everyone else. Let's see where they plan to draw this line.

At my store, we have a radio in receiving that is blasting music at a pretty decent volume all day (I'm not sure who turns it off or when). You can clearly hear it on the sales floor near the entrance to the back, and it can be heard throughout a good chunk of the Backroom.

TMs can listen with no earbuds or only one. On the salesfloor until 8am and in the back all day.

The when I worked backroom, they allowed us to listen to music. We weren't allowed to wear earbuds at all. The new ETL-LOG that just recently started nixed that however.

As far as salesfloor goes: No earbuds, music must be appropriate and never when the store is open.

Hell at my store team members text friends while working on the sales floor and no one gets in trouble. No mgmt likes conflict in my store. We get away with everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back