Answered LOA ends, unsure what to do

Hey everyone!! My LOA ends today and I plan on coming back, so I called a couple days ago and talked to someone in HR to see if I could get back on the schedule. They basically just told me they'd talk to the HR-ETL and call me back, and it kind of confused me. Should I call back today to see if anything has changed, or just wait a few days to see if they call or call then? I just don't want to get in trouble because today is the last day of my LOA. This is my first time coming back from LOA so I'm not really sure how it works!

My LOA ends in first week of June . I called them and said I’m planning to return by third week of June . They pretty much said me Ok, we will put you back in schedule by then . It should pop up on my schedule soon else give them back a call.
I think you should follow up with them .
You called them little bit late as the schedule for the week is already set. May be that’s the reason they didn’t call you .Many stores have less hours now.

Don't worry so much you shouldn't get in trouble and you should still have your job. This is the 1st time a lot of TM's took LOA's including myself. Schedules are made 2 weeks in advanced so you were suppose to call two weeks earlier so they can put you on the schedule for this week. You might have to wait to be put back on depending on your store. I can tell you it's not impossible for them to add you to the schedule for this week or next but depending on your store hours may be tight. I'm not sure if your store has a "swap shift" binder but maybe you can pick up a shift. Another thing to try is if you have a good relationship with your ETL and or TL try to ask them to put you back on the schedule ASAP. I had to extend my LOA by two weeks because of more cases at my store so I purposely didn't want to be put back on the schedule until the week I had to come in which was this week just in case I wanted to extend it again. I talked to my TL a few days ago who talked to my ETL whom I both have a great relationship with and they were able to give me a full 40 hours for this week even though I was never put on schedule. Like you probably heard many times on here ASANTS, but it's worth a try.

I went into my store last Wednesday. My store knew I was scheduled to come back June 1st and I was not going to extend. Sat with my Etl and got my regular shift 4 hrs each day, 5 days a week. I am a dbo in style and they were thrilled I came back. My store has become number 1 in the district so we have lots of flex hrs, not necessarily going to style, but the style tms are doing cleaning shifts or sfs.

Back