Archived Lol you would think a store would let you only work 3 days and 10 hours a week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I'm not trying to be here more than 3 days a week lol I put in an availability change just to work tuesday wednesday and thursday to close saying I only want 10 hours a week

Give my hours to people who actually wanna come to work lol

You would think huh! But at the same time there are plenty of other employees out there who are more available and a bigger team player who should get those other hours and yours.

Come to my store that's about what all of our cashiers are getting. We haven't had a cashier get more than 20 hours since MyTime started and most of them are under 10. It's ok though MyTime says we need to hire more cashiers so we are going to keep bringing in new people.

MyTime has been scheduling my electronics team for four and five hour shifts, so instead of hiring new people to fill the extra consumables and cashiering shifts, we tack on open shifts that like up with their scheduled shift to make a 7 or 8 hour shift for them.

Also with open shifts, only when shifts overlap does myTime actually want double coverage. So if I have a 6-10 and a 10-2 shift to fill, they both go to the same person. If I have a 3-8 and a 5-9, those shifts go to different team members, but the person on 5-9 might be working a 1-5 cashiering or hardlines shift before hand while the 3-8 is a cashier from 12-3. I don't know how other stores are handling it, but this is beginning to work for us. You don't necessarily need to hire a ton of new people to fill all he open shifts, you just need cross trained, available team members. If your team has severely limited availability and aren't cross trained on other areas, then yeah...you're probably going to have to hire a lot of new people and then everyone gets 15 hours a week.

That's the problem I'm dealing with!! I WANT the hours, I WANT to work, but it seems like the harder I work, the harder I prove that I want the hours, the less I get. I am working only 4 hrs a day 1130-415...I have nothing preventing me from working the closing shift, which is what I had to begin with 415-midnight. They just hired a bunch of new people and gave them the hours..Why is this?????? I work harder than most of the people that have been there for years. I feel I'm being punished or something...

I actually picked up a summer job and cut my Target hours down to Sat and Sun. Sunday is a non-truck day so I only get a 4 hour shift for the autofills. and maybe 6 on Sat for the unload.

So I'm only doing 2 days at 10 hours pretty much.

MyTime isn't here to give everyone hours. Its here to make scheduling easier... That will mean hiring more people with more open availability, and lessening hours to TMs.

The result is that the schedule is much easier to make, and greater scheduling flexibility. This mostly benefits spot, but I suppose the one good thing is that with hours so low and more people, you can get time off easier... That's about it :)

MyTime isn't here to give everyone hours. Its here to make scheduling easier... That will mean hiring more people with more open availability, and lessening hours to TMs.

The result is that the schedule is much easier to make, and greater scheduling flexibility. This mostly benefits spot, but I suppose the one good thing is that with hours so low and more people, you can get time off easier... That's about it :)

The problem with that is they will never be able to fill those positions with people who will bother to show up.

Well, I've seen my fair share of TMs who got 30+ hours up and quit, and then there would be a weeks worth of shifts to fill back. I think spot is covering their own backs. There are always TMs to fill those spots, don't be naïve ;)

I tried to lessen my availabilty and my stl told me no. Meanwhile other cashiers are complaining because they WANT more hours. It's so stupid. I just ask off and hope for the best.

I get 5 hours 3 days a week. I feel for people who don't have a 2nd job. When I was hired I was told I would get 30 hrs a week. Lol! That was a joke! If we are having an inspection they have us come in at midnight and leave when the doors open.Thats out of the norm for us. Makes me feel some way...They expect you to come in at they're beck and call,but you better be off that clock at your scheduled time if your not asked to stay. We are a fairly new store. I feel meh... about Target and how they do things at our store....maybe it's like this at every store.

It is. When I work nights I'm scheduled 3 hours and I have to clock out at my scheduled time. When I work mornings I'm scheduled 4.75 hours and I'm expected to stay until they say I can leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back