Archived looking like an idiot because your LOD changes Target rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I do when I get a guest looking for a discount on a damaged item is to scan it first to make sure it's the only one left in stock, because if it isn't the answer is no. If it is, I go into the SIM (single item markdown) app and scan under either Repackage or As Is and offer it to them for that price, whatever it is. The SIM price is generally quite a bit higher than just 10%--I think the 10% rule is outdated. It's true that Target doesn't typically sell damaged product but if a guest finds a damaged item before we do and wants it anyway I'm willing to work with them. There's no reason not to. If it's either sell it or defect it, choose sell it when you have a willing buyer in hand.

It used to bother me when a TL or ETL would tell a guest they could have whatever it was I just told them they couldn't, but I'm over that. Policies are guidelines, not unbreakable rules we must follow no matter what and I bend policy quite often myself if I feel it's what's right for the guest. However, I make sure I have a very clear understanding of our policies so when I choose to bend them I'm making an informed choice.

Also, for any TL, ETL or STL who might be reading this--when you override a TMs call, and that TM was just doing what's expected of them in defending policy, please take the time to tell the guest that you are making an exception and the TM was not incorrect in what they said. Trust me--this will earn you much appreciation from your team.

As LOD, I always be sure to say that GS was following policy and did all they can do before adjusting anything further...then after I explain to the GSTM why I did what I did and they did what they were supposed to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back