Archived Lost their minds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who else is getting crazy revisions? I mean, crazier than usual. Examples:

1. A toothbrush revision with only peg moves, but they still send label strips.

2. A toaster aisle revision that has baby gear, car seats and stuff, on the display listing.

The second one is a personal favorite. I asked my etl how to fit them in. Lol.

I do all the displays for my store. So when the pogs or revisions are done, they just give me the paperwork. I did notice that when I checked the toasters aisle. I'm like wtf! I scanned them all. I only took out the NOP ones. There were some that had the minus sign but when I scanned it, it was on Plano so I left it if we sold the product.

Who else is getting crazy revisions? I mean, crazier than usual. Examples:

1. A toothbrush revision with only peg moves, but they still send label strips.

2. A toaster aisle revision that has baby gear, car seats and stuff, on the display listing.

The second one is a personal favorite. I asked my etl how to fit them in. Lol.

That toothpaste/toothbrush one was ridiculous. I didn't do the toaster one but the last baby gear revisions were messed up and the spacing was really bad.

a couple week back I did the lunch box whatever, the nutrigrain/fiber one/etc bars... six sections of label strips adding .99 to the end. very little went from the bottom to the top. the main thing was dividers moving. it was a complete waste of time

edit: some measurements were off too, and it really irritated me spending an hour doing a revision

I told my tl and my etl that I am wasting hours each week with this stuff. You'll look at the revision and have one or two moves, then get 17 label strips.

That baby gear revision .... I have no words. I didn't put in the screwed up label strips for those.

If they are going to be this bad, corporate (what's left of it) needs to put the revisions on hiatus until they can fix the problem. Because it's becoming a huge waste of payroll.

I told my tl and my etl that I am wasting hours each week with this stuff. You'll look at the revision and have one or two moves, then get 17 label strips.

That baby gear revision .... I have no words. I didn't put in the screwed up label strips for those.

If they are going to be this bad, corporate (what's left of it) needs to put the revisions on hiatus until they can fix the problem. Because it's becoming a huge waste of payroll.
Huge waste of payroll. It's gotten nonsensical.

I just need to go back over those baby aisles and print labels or put in the extra strips they sent me like 6 weeks ago.

ugh my store does them and doesn't change the label strips all the time because they are ticked off about that issue.. so all the locations are off and you have to search for the dpci (pharmacy.. first aid aisle)

ugh my store does them and doesn't change the label strips all the time because they are ticked off about that issue.. so all the locations are off and you have to search for the dpci (pharmacy.. first aid aisle)

I know this is an issue. But in the baby gear aisle for example, the new label strip had one of the play yards move to section 7 while leaving the display in section one. That is not guest friendly at all.

I really try to keep other teams in mind: price change, flow, etc. But I can't do a revision that makes it hard to shop.

I know this is an issue. But in the baby gear aisle for example, the new label strip had one of the play yards move to section 7 while leaving the display in section one. That is not guest friendly at all.

I really try to keep other teams in mind: price change, flow, etc. But I can't do a revision that makes it hard to shop.

That is understandable. You used your best judgement. My team on the other hand just doesn't want to do the extra work and has a revision on the pacifier endcap and never changed a single label or peg when they flip flopped.. (since no new items were added and just moved to different rows and locations)

I do agree it is a huge waste of payroll though.

And tell me this..

Every single item in the bath aisle changed price. every single shower curtain, tub liner, hook..Why couldn't they have just sent label strips with the new prices, and whenever you tied the revision, it changed the price? I spent over 30 minutes putting up sticky labels everywhere when I could have changed the strips in 5.. they've done this multiple times on the candle wall, coffee, soup, etc.

If the strips are bad, they should print labels instead. If nothing else, the schematics will be correct.

I do agree it is a huge waste of payroll though.

And tell me this..

Every single item in the bath aisle changed price. every single shower curtain, tub liner, hook..Why couldn't they have just sent label strips with the new prices, and whenever you tied the revision, it changed the price? I spent over 30 minutes putting up sticky labels everywhere when I could have changed the strips in 5.. they've done this multiple times on the candle wall, coffee, soup, etc.

Job security.

If the strips are bad, they should print labels instead. If nothing else, the schematics will be correct.

The schematic is correct on the label strips. The problem is that there is no reason to be changing the schematics if there is no move from on that shelf on the revision.

I seem to remember there being something on workbench about this. Something about making revisions in the future easier. Didn't make sense to me.

Job security.

I'd agree it means job security. It also means I am constantly battling my tl and etl over why things are taking longer. The sales floor adjacency says that x revision should take 40 minutes. They want it done in 20. But when you get sent double, triple, or quadruple the amount of strips you need, it starts adding up.

They said on workbench that revisions would now end in .99 for items that moved or .90(i think) for items that don't move. I only had a few like that for Market, the rest are not coming in that way. And all these extra label strips are driving me crazy. Why is it taking you so long? Ha. I wish the ETL's would set revisions, then they could see our pain.

It's not that it's taking me so long, but we are so far behind already because of 4x4's, backups, etc. that I don't have time to figure out why I'm getting extra label strips for revisions with only peg changes. And all the mistakes (baby gear displays being called out on a toaster revision) are ridiculous.

They said on workbench that revisions would now end in .99 for items that moved or .90(i think) for items that don't move. I only had a few like that for Market, the rest are not coming in that way. And all these extra label strips are driving me crazy. Why is it taking you so long? Ha. I wish the ETL's would set revisions, then they could see our pain.
You are correct about the decimal system. Instead of that bullshit how about send labels for items tha are going away and call it done. I did a revision on our vacuum wall and only one shelf was darkened out to change, but got like 11 strips. I could have done that one shelf and moved on. Wasteful!

It's not that it's taking me so long, but we are so far behind already because of 4x4's, backups, etc. that I don't have time to figure out why I'm getting extra label strips for revisions with only peg changes. And all the mistakes (baby gear displays being called out on a toaster revision) are ridiculous.
We had that, too on our toaster REV. My coworker says they are on crack up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back