Archived LTD On check?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed there is a thing on my check that says LTD and it takes out 0.36 each check so far it is $3.60 from best guess, I'm thinking it means Long Term disability but I'm not sure why? I also remember somewhere they sent me a thing in the mail saying I was a smoker (never have smoked a single cig in my life). So I'm confused? what is this? Do they think im a smoker? did they steal $3.60 from me? How can I get it back? also I donated money each check to United Way $1.00, how can I stop doing this?

You must have elected to take LTD when you enrolled in benefits. It's super cheap and worth keeping in my opinion. You have to sign something saying you are tobacco free or they automatically charge you the smoker rates. There is a link through the HR website to stop your United Way donation. I apologize that I don't remember the name of the site. I was sold to CVS.

I noticed there is a thing on my check that says LTD and it takes out 0.36 each check so far it is $3.60 from best guess, I'm thinking it means Long Term disability but I'm not sure why? I also remember somewhere they sent me a thing in the mail saying I was a smoker (never have smoked a single cig in my life). So I'm confused? what is this? Do they think im a smoker? did they steal $3.60 from me? How can I get it back? also I donated money each check to United Way $1.00, how can I stop doing this?

Targetpayandbenefits.com

I also got branded a smoker. Sucks for me cause I'm getting charged 15 every check. I need to stop being lazy and go get tested

You must have elected to take LTD when you enrolled in benefits. It's super cheap and worth keeping in my opinion. You have to sign something saying you are tobacco free or they automatically charge you the smoker rates. There is a link through the HR website to stop your United Way donation. I apologize that I don't remember the name of the site. I was sold to CVS.
How are the CVS benefits compared to Targets anyways?

At this point there is nothing you can do to change your plan, until open enrollment next year. The only way to change it would be through a qualifying event such as a new child or getting married. Next year, when open enrollment comes around you HAVE TO make sure you log into your pay and benefits and select none smoker and adjust what you want coverage for accordingly.

How are the CVS benefits compared to Targets anyways?
The insurance has a higher deductible, but they fund an HSA account that helps with expenses until you meet your deductible, so it's probably about equal. The premiums and coverage for medical, dental, vision are about the same. Full time employees get paid for all holidays including Veterans Day, which I believe is better than Target. Our CVS discount is a greater percentage, but there are a lot of exclusions. We have an employee stock purchase plan in addition to the 401k. The benefits aren't bad if you can get past the soul crushing reality of working for CVS :)

You don't need a test for that but it IS an 'opt out', meaning you have to go on eHR & click that you aren't a smoker EVERY YEAR you have coverage.
I would NOT be letting them take that out of my paycheck.

But if you don't opt out then you have to get tested.

I never heard of that. You mean you can have it changed after the enrollment period? I thought nothing could be changed unless there was "a life changing event" marriage, death, divorce.

You don't need a test for that but it IS an 'opt out', meaning you have to go on eHR & click that you aren't a smoker EVERY YEAR you have coverage.
I would NOT be letting them take that out of my paycheck.
There is a test if you try to remove the tobacco surcharge during the year.

"The tobacco surcharge can be removed during the year by either being tobacco free for six months (which may be verified through a voluntary tobacco/nicotine test) or by completing the Target-sponsored "Quit for Life" program. Visit targetpayandbenefits.com or call the Target Benefits Center at 800-828-5850 to learn about the process and options available."

I have the same thing because I was too lazy to read through everything when I first became eligible for benefits. They sent you many warnings that you would need to specifically opt out during the grace period. After that, you apparently need to take some kind of test to prove you are not a smoker.

It's not worth the hassle for 36 cents so I just leave it and call it a lazy tax.

I never got anything, and should not have been charged this anyways. This company is such trash

I never got anything, and should not have been charged this anyways. This company is such trash
Unless you gave target the incorrect address when you were hired, then you will have gotten several notices about benefits in the mail.

My grocery store job has it the same way, where you need to specifically opt out to avoid the charge. Although the union reps do a great job at letting everyone know that they need to opt out if not a smoker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back