Archived Lunch and leaving early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been at Target for a couple months now. Hardlines. My hours are still a little scattered so I'm trying to get used to it. Anyways, I have a 6 1/2 hour day. Would I get in trouble for skipping my lunch and just leaving 30 mins early or is that considered really bad?

If you're somehow required to take a lunch every 6 hours, then sure you could possibly leave right before the 6th hour. This is an ASANTS thing for sure, it's really up to your team lead if they want you to do that or not.

At my store, unless you have approval, leaving early is frowned upon, plus you really don't want to get on their bad side and go into compliance for missing your lunch, even if it's 10-15 minutes before your meal is due.

Look at it this way- You get your 15, plus another 30 minutes- Another opportunity away from reshop/zone/guests, especially for you being on the sales floor, sometimes it can be overwhelming, especially coming up on Q4. I'd take that break.

If you leave early, that leaves a gap in coverage at the end of your shift that was not planned for. I'm front end, and my TLs are being very vocal about how much of a bind being late or NCNS'ing is, particularly for those on the mid and closing shifts. If you're scheduled to come in at 3:00, for example, it's probably because someone is scheduled to leave at 3:00, and if you're late, you're making that person stay late or leaving leaving a shortage of cashiers. I would assume similar coverage issues in other areas of the store as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back