Archived lunch break

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working for 8 hours one day next week and I see one 15 minute break, one 45 minute break and one more 15 break... is the 45 minute break my whole lunch break or is it a 30 minute lunch break with an extra 15 minute break ???

If your asking if you can add 15 minutes to your lunch instead of taking a last break yes but I recommend clocking in at 31 minutes then get paid for the other 15 💁‍♀️

That would be a meal violation in CA. If you are given 45 minutes for lunch don't clock back in early.
Bullshit. It’s not a violation if he/she takes a 31 minutes . I do it all the time I live in CA. He/she can’t clock in in 30 minutes . But 31 minutes it is not a violation

Not was I was told but ok.

Payroll is calculated based on a 45 minute lunch. If you work 5 days and do that you get paid for an extra hour and a quarter. Not a big deal if it's just you, but if the whole store does it payroll is blown. At my store if you do this you are talked to. I heard a srtl and hr talking about it when the srtl was clocking in under 45 minutes.

Not was I was told but ok.

Payroll is calculated based on a 45 minute lunch. If you work 5 days and do that you get paid for an extra hour and a quarter. Not a big deal if it's just you, but if the whole store does it payroll is blown. At my store if you do this you are talked to. I heard a srtl and hr talking about it when the srtl was clocking in under 45 minutes.
You said it was a meal compliance violation , I’m letting you know that it is not .

Got it. It was the wording my etl used so I was going by that.
What your etl is saying is that he doesn’t want to pay you for 30 minutes of work because you clock in early . I do it all the time because i have to much shit to do , and I never clock out on time which put me in overtime pretty much everyday .

Bullshit. It’s not a violation if he/she takes a 31 minutes . I do it all the time I live in CA. He/she can’t clock in in 30 minutes . But 31 minutes it is not a violation

I live in a 45 minute lunch state where it is a meal violation to clock back in before those 45 minutes are up. OP might also be in one of those states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back