Archived lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does everyone's store send their TM's to lunch late? We are supposed to be sent to lunch before our 5th hour but are constantly sent late, told not to punch out for lunch but to go in on the computer and key in the time as though we were sent on time so Target remains compliant.... it's been going on in my store for years!!!

We are always reminded at around our 4:45 hour. If the time clock is offline someone will call out that so that people are aware of when they logged in for meals and note down when they will reach 31 min. Our store is very strict about it.

Seconding the hotline suggestion. I could potentially understand submitting punch corrections for an occasional oversight, but this is blatant timeclock fraud.

At my store, only front end people are told when to take their meal or breaks, with them happening at roughly 2 hour intervals. So someone working 5+ hours will get either a meal or break (depending on the time of day) at ~2 hours in and the other at ~4 hours in. If you're lucky (?) enough to get an 8 hour shift, it's break at 2, meal at 4, break at 6. And yes, if it gets crazy busy or someone lags behind on coming back, those times may get delayed, so we are also expected to be aware of the time if we get a lunch and remind GSTL/GSA by 4:30 if we haven't been sent yet.

(edited to complete my thoughts)

Last edited:
This is timeclock abuse by your management. Keep tabs of when you are told to make punch corrections for lunches. Definitely use this for any hotline call or escalation.

There are tons of situations where the hotline is useless, but this is what they live for. Call them ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back