Archived Mapping Hardlines for Presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've normally been a Softlines/fitting room gal but recently moved to ad prep/signing. My TLs are awesome and working on a development plan w me. I started some presentation and well... I felt like I blew it. I'm fine at setting and what not but when I come in for an 8 hour shift none of the sales plans or planograms had been mapped. Lil ole me doesn't know how so I hook up w an etl... that didn't know how... He pulled some one else to do it. Eh showed me how. So I set and used them (during PDA outage... My back room team had 1 functioning PDA). After all that areas and helping guest (woah shops release Sunday, super busy) I finished it up.

What was mapped... I had vacs/home storage in cleaning supplies and cleaning supplies in home storage -.- ...

My whole day felt ruined, I felt like a failure. I asked the LOD to check up on it and to maybe have presentation TL teach everyone how to map and update the effin maps. If not... Just have them mapped out beforehand you schedule presentation w out you there!

an etl didnt know how to map spl? was it hr?

im sure what you did was fine with the mapping. truth be told, 90% of the etls dont notice unless you put pets in the middle of softlines.
just look at the labels/pog and they'll say front/back and keep them close to the same department. as a "poggie", im just proud someone took the initiative to actually work on pogs/spl when we're not there. that's not the case in a lot of stores! good luck with your development!

The adjacency shows where to put each salesplan per department....ask your PTL for a copy...obviously double check (they sometimes have things going in odd places) this will cut time drastically...hope this helps :)

If you're brand new to presentation they really should have set them aside and wrote what aisle/endcap they went on for you. Depending if the salesplanners get mapped out by your PTL, or a HLTL, that should have been done for you by one of them. Sometimes the HL team will have a plan that they email to the LOD of what is going on with the week's salesplanners, but that is a store by store situation. Unless you're a store that has a dedicated person doing these all the time typically this should have been done for you. Like everyone else has said though, they are listed on the adjacencies where they go, priority, etc.

Be advised, sometimes tl's tied stuff to side cap or endcap & it may not there, to satisfied the ties for the week.

.... Dumb question, but what's the difference between sales planes andplanograms?

I know where soft lines adjacency is located (in Softlines TL mail box in dated red envelope), butndonthey have a similar situation for hard lines?

Sales plans are endcaps.
Planograms are inline.

Last edited:
The only areas in the store that they actually follow the adjacency for endcaps at my store is beauty, toys and sporting goods. All the other areas they put whatever they want as long as it is in the same department.

Sales Plan mapping to adjacency really comes down to your DTL. They are the ones who will follow-up with your STL if they do not like how your salesplanners are set on a visit.

For POG mapping... TL should either map themselves, or delegate to a TM. Just write on the cover page G48(5)R or S for the TMs.

SPL mapping... convince them to use the SPL pogs that are sent to the store vs printing them every time. Have areas of the store delegated to ETL/TL and hold them accountable for knowing where their SPL will be if they want someone else to set it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back