Archived Market gets the shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean this as a dis, if that's what you think! I love my pfresh people!! They work hard and are always around for the guests. I just mean that we all know that this is their area, this is their thing, let them do it! (They do ask for help with large pulls, reshop, etc.)

I am feeling the frustration of market lately also. The old saying expect more pay less is ringing so true and loud lately. This myTime is scaring me also. I have no idea how many hours I will be getting in the next few weeks. No one wants to work market, they expect miracles from one TM. Cleaning tasks are getting overlooked, backstock never gets done or its expected to get done by the PA dates are mixed in freshness and FIFO is not even on anyone's mind. I try to focus on those things that are important or the things that I think are important but my leaders are all pretty much clueless or just don't care. I am almost at the end of my rope. A knot is tied and I am just hanging on

I am feeling the frustration of market lately also. The old saying expect more pay less is ringing so true and loud lately. This myTime is scaring me also. I have no idea how many hours I will be getting in the next few weeks. No one wants to work market, they expect miracles from one TM. Cleaning tasks are getting overlooked, backstock never gets done or its expected to get done by the PA dates are mixed in freshness and FIFO is not even on anyone's mind. I try to focus on those things that are important or the things that I think are important but my leaders are all pretty much clueless or just don't care. I am almost at the end of my rope. A knot is tied and I am just hanging on

I have suggested this before, but a simple solution is giving more control of the hour allocation to STLs again. One major issue is that the few workcenters that ARE guest driven are the only workcenters that get their hours cut for things like training hours. There needs to be a minimum operating hours for workcenters in place, and if those workcenters reach it, they need to begin stealing from the rigid workcenters. Sorry but why is cashier getting cut heavily and Deli is left completely alone? Surely each food area can spare 5 hours instead of stealing 50 from cashier.

Secondly, they need to make MyTime actually pull secondary workcenters. Why are all secondary workcenters still getting filled by hand? This part of the process, if corrected, could save the company SO much in payroll form writing the schedules. You have too many TLs in the company sitting around trying to fill open shifts that a computer could have done (better I might add).

I totally agree about the secondary workcenters. I have to do so much more clicking to schedule people other than myself and my PAs. myTime needs a lot of tweaking before I' be satisfied with it.

That said, myTime isn't going anywhere so I'm staying positive about it and working with it the best I can.

Secondly, they need to make MyTime actually pull secondary workcenters. Why are all secondary workcenters still getting filled by hand? This part of the process, if corrected, could save the company SO much in payroll form writing the schedules. You have too many TLs in the company sitting around trying to fill open shifts that a computer could have done (better I might add).

As much as I would dislike getting scheduled to cash again, you're right. Especially in ULV stores, where TMs might work multiple workcenters in a day.

We have an o/n flow team that is to push perishables truck delivery, these people flat out refuse to "FIFO". Instead of cracking down on them, they (as in execs) are now making life miserable for the PAs. I am in a high volume store, we basically are running single coverage on a daily basis. Not only do we have lots of tasks, we also backup cashier, set salesplanners, help guests all over the store and during 4 x 4s have to cover half of hardlines. Add to that, we usually end up having to help flow with the truck push cause they can't get done.

That sounds even worse than my store....why does leadership fail so hard when it comes to Market

In my store, I feel the problem stems from an ETL and a CTL that don't have a clue! First, they come to Target from completely different employment, then send them to a low volume store for training, they come back and think they know all. I have told our STL they need to work in PFresh just 1 day by themselves, as we do............................... then maybe they'd get it. But, that's not going to ever happen.

Totally opposite in my store. At least 3 Pfresh TMs scheduled in a day, while electronics gets an "opener" that starts at 10am and a "closer" that leaves at 9pm.

Wow! How awesome would that be. To actually have time to clean and fix all the FIFO issues that flow leaves us.

Pfresh is the untouchable silver child at our store.... would be golden if they had attachment rates, but that is left to electronics. Nobody is allowed to mess with them and if they ask for anything their wishes are granted.

Wow, in our store PFresh is the ugly stepchild. I can not tell you how many times on a Saturday, I have asked TL and then ETL for help (both saying, yes we can do that) only to never get the help. We work our entire shift alone doing cull, TPC, couponing, filling milk, pulls, helping guests, backup cashiering, answering hardlines calls when nobody else responds, plus do our perishable order. And DON'T get help when we ask. As another poster stated..................... "Expect More, Pay Less".

Our pfresh is pushed by a dedicated segment of our flow team. PA's might help, but it isn't their responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back