Maternity Leave

So I am going to have a baby at the end of September and i can not get a straight answer and my leave eligibility. I know I will get STD for 6 weeks at 100% pay. What i cant figure out for sure is the 4 week parental leave and FMLA for taking care of a newborn. I started October 10th of 2020 which is about two weeks after my due date. To qualify for the 4 weeks paid leave I have to be working there for one year. Since i will likely give birth before my full year, im not sure if i will end up qualifying for the 4 week pay. While im on my 6 week leave i will hit my 1 year mark. Does anyone know if i will be able to apply for the 4 week leave at that point? I called reed group 2 times and one person said i could and one person did not know. I talked to HR and they said i have to deliver after my one year mark. Also, for time FMLA allows for unpaid time for delivering a baby will I qualify for that? Same situation since I will deliver before a year. If i do qualify for FMLA to bond with the baby, am i able to use vacation hours to get paid during my time off? Again, I have asked HR and Reed Group and no one can give me an answer. Posting to see fi anyone has been in a similar situation.

Most likely the birth has to be after your 1 year mark to get the parental time off paid. Othwise you are still eligible for 4 weeks parental, its just unpaid. At least that’s been my experience with any other benefit, it’s what you qualify for when It happens. Double check with Reed though.

Back