Archived Maybe a bit shallow but...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having trouble finding any shirts that I like. Dockers no-iron pleat front classic fit khakis are satisfying my need for pants, but I am still looking for the "perfect" shirt to comprise my Target uniform. I dress fairly consistently in the same type of thing every day. I know this doesn't make me seem stylish, but I'm a guy and we can generally get away with dress button down + khakis pretty much indefinitely.

Does anyone know of a shirt that meets the following specs:

1. Appropriate shade of red (close to Target red, or slightly darker).
2. Button down with button down collar or good collar stays.
3. Preferably long sleeve. My arms are kinda long, and most short sleeve button downs look stupid. The sleeves don't make me that much hotter in the warm months.
4. Proper sizing (collar, length, sleeve length), not "small, medium, large" etc.
5. Preferably non-iron.
6. Preferably all cotton, but only if non-iron. Otherwise cotton/poly wrinkle free is fine.
7. This is the kicker. Slim Fit. All shirts in my size are for guys who weigh 50 pounds more than me. I'm around 6' at 175lbs. I tend to prefer a slim fit shirt.

Did you mean our Merona brand? I'm not seeing any in red that are slim/tailored/fitted.

I just wear whatever men's tees are comfortable. You could get an official Target polo, too... or a button-down... If you have enough GTCs, you can get them free, I just think you need to talk to HR.

Yeah I just found some online today. Which one of the Express shirts do you get?

Thank you for the Bullseye shop suggestion, but those shirts are meh. They are pretty easily bested by any $20 cotton/poly department store shirt.

Chaps for red button downs

Ralph lauren for short sleeve although im sure ralph lauren long sleeves are very comfortable ive never managed to get any good deals on them

My search for red shirts still continues. For now, I'm stuck with regular fit shirts, which are a bit too large for me. All the red slim fit shirts are made with the most ridiculously poor tailoring, and none of them have a breast pocket. If anyone knows of any red button down with a pocket in a slim fit, please let me know. I'm totally abandoning all other criteria, except that the shirt can be no more than 50% poly.

kohls has a good selection, too.
http://www.kohls.com/upgrade/webstore/product_page.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524601932873
Merona is the correct name...

Yeah it looks like I'm going to have to buy some regular fit shirts and have them tailored. We don't have a tailor in this town though, so I'll have to drive like an hour away to do it.

This will give me the end result I'm looking for though. It seems like nobody makes slim fit shirts with pockets, and half of them are "stretch" material now.

I did like those chaps button downs linked above.

Yeah it looks like I'm going to have to buy some regular fit shirts and have them tailored. We don't have a tailor in this town though, so I'll have to drive like an hour away to do it.

This will give me the end result I'm looking for though. It seems like nobody makes slim fit shirts with pockets, and half of them are "stretch" material now.

I did like those chaps button downs linked above.

You don't have a dry cleaners in town? Almost all dry cleaners have a tailor they sub contract to.

Nordstroms, mens clothing stores, & bridal stores all subcontract to tailors.

Last edited:
Very interesting option there TOT. I might look into that. I do know someone who could easily help measure me (she's a seamstress). She just doesn't have any experience making/altering men's clothing, so she didn't want to mess up any of my shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back