Archived Meal Compliance and Breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was my first day at Target. I spent most of my day training with my trainee so she was there to help me with a lot of stuff. Tomorrow I am on my own however and I am still confused on when to take my breaks. I only work a 4 and some odd minutes shift tomorrow as cashier but I'm unsure of when to take my 15 minute breaks. Will I have to keep track of time myself or will a team leader let me know when I can take the break? Will I only have 1? It was explained at my orientation but it's still a little fuzzy to me.

You should take your break two hours into your shift.
Talk to the GSTL when you come on duty & they'll let you know when you should take your break but also keep an eye on the clock.
Sometimes a rush may hit just as you're due for your break or they have to wait until someone comes back first.
Don't be a pest but don't let them forget you either.

Welcome to Target. You should get 1 break. If you are cashiering, your GSA or GSTL will tell you when to go.

You should take your break two hours into your shift.
Talk to the GSTL when you come on duty & they'll let you know when you should take your break but also keep an eye on the clock.
Sometimes a rush may hit just as you're due for your break or they have to wait until someone comes back first.
Don't be a pest but don't let them forget you either.
Thank you! This helps!

The GSTL will have a break schedule listing all TMs break times. You can ask when you're scheduled to take yours. Keep in mind your actual break will likely be a different time. If there are any busy periods, the GSTL will likely have to postpone your or someone else's break. In which case everyone else's breaks will be a bit later. The GSTL will step over by you and tell you when you can go. However, you will have to make sure they don't forget either!

It varies by state the certain break/meal laws. In my state, anything between 4-4.75 hours is 1 break. 5-6 hours = 1 break, 1 meal. 7-9 hours = 2 breaks, 1 meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back