Archived Meet & Greet for a transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am transferring to a different store and I have a meet and greet at this store on Sunday. He basically told me to come whenever, so I have a feeling it won't take too long. But my question is, should I wear red and khaki? I'm on the fence about it and I don't want to seem weird, but I'm also not going to be on the clock.

Help!

I vote "no" since it sounds sort of like orientation, and you don't wear red and khaki to orientation unless you are starting training right after that (at least in my store). But, if you are available that day, I would keep a set in the car in case they say something like, "oh, we had a call off and were hoping you might work a couple of hours." Or not.

I wore red and khaki to my orientation. Everyone hired in my store wears red and khaki to orientation.

Target is so strict about working off the clock, I feel like this would be an on the clock event. Regardless of that, I would wear Red and Khaki.

I've only seen one meet and greet and it was for a TPS. He came in his normal clothing and just talked with the ETL-AP and LOD.
It probably lasted 10-20 minutes. Since you're off the clock, I would come in normal clothing.

At my store we wear red and khaki for orientation, but that's different from a meet and greet.

If you are a TL or more, then most definitely yes.

I have done a number of transfers as a TM during my former Target days, and I never went in for a formal Meet & Greet. But stores can be different. I was usually bouncing from one store back to another a couple times, so much of the store already knew me. There was only one store that gave me a tour, and that was on my start date along with getting up to date on cashier tests and any training. Usually my new store ETL-HR would only ask me to come in to fill out my official availability or state tax forms prior to my transfer start date.

Only one time I did I go in street clothes, and that was because I was looking for an apartment, and my ETL-HR asked me to swing by real quick to fill out some forms because she was going on leave.

If asked to come in and to make a good impression, I would wear red and khaki. And I would make it a point to ask if you will need to fill out a punch correction form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back