Archived Minor work injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be best practice, but it seems not all stores follow it. Broke my elbow at work. No drug test done.

Targets policy is that team members who suffer injuries at work requiring medical attention need to take a drug test within 24 hours.

We have had a lot of team members decline medical attention knowing they can't pass a drug test.

Not true. I had a work related injury. Idiot TM dropped something on my foot when I started at spot. When I went to urgent care, I didn't get a drug test.

It might also depend on the nature of the injury. And/or your workcenter.

Drug tests depend on the nature of the injury. When I hit my head on a locker door and ended up with a severe concussion (dont be rushed when things are open above you) I had to do a drug test. When a tm cut their dumb self with a pair of scissors they had to do a drug test. When a box fell on a tm in the back room thanks to idiot backstocking they didnt have to do a drug test. I think they hase it on circumstance on whether or not your faculties could have been compromised for better sense.

Drug tests depend on the nature of the injury. When I hit my head on a locker door and ended up with a severe concussion (dont be rushed when things are open above you) I had to do a drug test. When a tm cut their dumb self with a pair of scissors they had to do a drug test. When a box fell on a tm in the back room thanks to idiot backstocking they didnt have to do a drug test. I think they hase it on circumstance on whether or not your faculties could have been compromised for better sense.

You have a point. But in an earlier post, HRZone wrote it was a requirement if you sought medical attention. I related my personal experience regarding not having a drug test. It either is a requirement or not.

And again you're completely wrong...

The hospital doesn't question you when you are admitted if you need to take a drug test for work.

Your LOD hands you a form to take with you to the hospital, unless they forget

They did for me as I went to one because the clinics were closed on Sunday. They had no clue what to do with the paperwork and didn't even want to do it until I told them that they needed to. Most of the drug tests they do are to make sure that someone they are treating doesn't have anything in their system that would counteract with other medications they could be giving them so they don't typically worry about broken seals or those heat sensor things. Also this was in a major city which was surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back