Archived Mis-salvaged items

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that when an item is mis-salvaged you aren't supposed to sell the item. But what exactly does it mean for an item to be mis-salvaged?

If it comes up on register asking for a price, it's a mis-salvage. It means that the item was not removed before it got to a zero value. Pricing team is supposed to remove at that time.

it's actually "missed salvage". A lot of the time it means the item went 30/50/70 percent off and didn't sell (or price change missed it somehow) so it went to "salvage", or the item was returned after the store salvaged it.

Wait....so when it comes up on the register as "what price is this" I shouldn't be punching in the price and selling it?

"How much is this" isn't just for missed salvage, but for items that are "Not on File" as well. There are plenty of times where an item's DPCI isn't tied correctly to the UPC (especially happens with items that come in assortment boxes), but that's an easy fix if the PATL does a UPC maintenance. As for salvage items, team members, under no circumstance, are allowed to purchase it, however, I have been in stores where guests have been allowed to purchase the item at the last clearance price. If the Price Accuracy Team is following Best Practice, then there shouldn't be salvage items left on the floor for a guest to purchase, but sometimes a piece might be missed (understandable, as no one is perfect, and I have found pieces under the basedeck), and I have even had people try to take items out of my cart which I had already processed as salvage because now they want to make the purchase. They get mad when I tell them No since it is against policy and will not ring up at the register.

There's always the fun of finding a couple of stray BTS stock over in stationary four weeks after everything was salvaged.
You just hope you find it before the guests do.

I once had a guest come up to my lane with a beverage that had already been processed as Missed Salvage. He said he found it on the shelf, but it had the white ticket over the barcode and everything. :facepalm:

But sometimes when I bring the item to my gstl or gstm to pda check it for me, it doesn't come up as miss-salvaged. They tell me to just enter the price, does that still come up as a no-barcode on my scores?

But sometimes when I bring the item to my gstl or gstm to pda check it for me, it doesn't come up as miss-salvaged. They tell me to just enter the price, does that still come up as a no-barcode on my scores?

If the item is not Missed Salvage but does not ring up with the price, then the UPC is probably broken. If the GSTL has to search for the item on the PDA and finds it, then it shouldn't count because the item is still in the system. **If the UPC is broken, type in the DPCI just to be safe.** Also, if the item recently went salvage, then the system might still remember it, so that shouldn't count either because the system recognizes that you're selling that particular item (which you'd rather do than salvage it anyways!).

The times I had an item come up & there was no price, I'd scan it w/the PDA & it would usually come up as clearance with the final price. We were allowed to sell it at that price just to get it out of the store.

IIRC buying salvage is against the Team Member purchase policy, so be sure it is not a TM buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back