Archived Missed cartwheel coupon

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a coupon on cartwheel for 10% off all tvs. I just bought one yesterday. Can I go in and get the 10% back on my redcard? Or a giftcard or cash?

You can get it refunded and resold with the cartwheel. If the cartwheel just started today and the TV was on ad last week but not this week, then you can't get both. Either you can get the sale price last week, or refund it, buy it at this week's price, and use your cartwheel discount.

^^^yup^^^ We'll need the serial number, so if you have the receipt then no need to worry, but if you're doing a card lookup we'll need the DPCI and serial.

For same day purchases I usually void payment or return/repurchase the specific cartwheel items if it's on a different day. It would be nice if a "missed cartwheel" appeared under the fix a mistake menu, and if missed discount didn't only work on the same day/same store of the purchase...those are two huge issues that I run into all the time.

I don't understand why a Missed Cartwheel option doesn't exist yet. Is Spot really that fucking lazy that they can't add that as an option? Same thing with the GSTL emergency override code -- should just convert that into supervisor numbers. But no, it's apparently easier for Spot to have TMs doing things the hard way.

I will do what @suzieQ says if it's just a few items, but anything more than three or four items I will use wrong payment (unless guest objects), which brings us back to the scanning screen.

Same thing with the GSTL emergency override code -- should just convert that into supervisor numbers. But no, it's apparently easier for Spot to have TMs doing things the hard way.
Nooo then we can't have it taped to one of the SD registers ;)

One TL at my store freaked out when she found out what that code was for. New orders from the GSA: keep it in the drawer instead of taped to the monitor. :p

I don't understand why a Missed Cartwheel option doesn't exist yet. Is Spot really that fucking lazy that they can't add that as an option? Same thing with the GSTL emergency override code -- should just convert that into supervisor numbers. But no, it's apparently easier for Spot to have TMs doing things the hard way.

I will do what @suzieQ says if it's just a few items, but anything more than three or four items I will use wrong payment (unless guest objects), which brings us back to the scanning screen.

I hate when guests have a ton of things that were missed and it's all 5% off.. Especially when it's milk, bread, eggs and you have to do them all seperately so the refund is like 3 cents. Like seriously?! You won't open a Redcard but you'll sit here and waste my time? And if I suggest wrong payment they flip a shit because they "don't want to be charged twice" UGH

I hate when guests have a ton of things that were missed and it's all 5% off.. Especially when it's milk, bread, eggs and you have to do them all seperately so the refund is like 3 cents. Like seriously?! You won't open a Redcard but you'll sit here and waste my time? And if I suggest wrong payment they flip a shit because they "don't want to be charged twice" UGH
Well they're gonna have to be double charged if I'm doing it. The lesser thing to do would be a return of all their cartwheel items through double scan, then resell them with cartwheel.

I try to ask the guest to hold off on swiping a card for a moment so I can see if anything came off. If nothing came off I go in and add in coupons or adjust the prices down if it is percents off.

I love/hate the cartwheel. I think it saves money every now and then ( depending on what you are buying) but I also hate it when you have clueless people who don't know how to work the thing and think you are stupid because they didn't the right item or forget to tell you they have a cartwheel or say it isn't working...... It definitely has more negatives than pluses IMHO

At my store we don't do "missed cartwheel" coupons.
Now if a guest has cartwheel and it isn't working, we just do some quick math and then do it as a store coupon.

Hopefully our corporate IT team is working on putting a "missed cartwheel button" on the registers. Remember that not too long ago you had to do cartwheel at the end of the transaction.....or else the register might crash? Well, they fixed that and I know that they have made cartwheel easier to use....now they just need to make this one change and TMs would be wonderfully happy!!

pellinore said:
Remember that not too long ago you had to do cartwheel at the end of the transaction.....or else the register might crash? Well, they fixed that and I know that they have made cartwheel easier to use....now they just need to make this one change and TMs would be wonderfully happy!!

I almost forgot about that. There was nothing so frustrating as realizing that the "coupon" barcode on the phone you just scanned was actually Cartwheel. You would scan it and they would say, "Oh! I have these other coupons and this pack of gum!" And then the transaction gets messed up and they blame you since they didn't get all of their discounts.

There is a lot to remember as a cashier; greet, smile, scan, bag (no mixing food with chemicals), process payment while upselling RedCard, etc. I always made it a point to ask guests if they had any coupons or giftcards during the transaction, adding in Cartwheel made it just a little more frustrating at times. I am glad they fixed that particular bug so you can treat it like a true Target coupon barcode.

This is kind of tricky. There are hundreds of items on cartwheel each week. For people to remember what's on it is tricky. I actually get hours to talk to guests about cartwheel and I can't remember every exact item.

But main items I tend to "study".

At my store, we would help you. I hate double charging the guest because it's usually a good amount. It creates hassle. So in this case, I would do missed coupon and put it on a gift card. Reason being is: they won't feel let down, they'll shop back at target and won't pocket money per se. I've forgotten to show cartwheel and just eat it up, but target really is trying to push it for guests to spend more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back