Archived Mobile Payments: The Sequel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great. Now every store is going to have their own system. Need gas? 711 pay. Need to buy dog food? Petco pay. Need to pay for a hooker? Godihopesheshesclean pay.

They're just trying to keep data to themselves. Apple Pay would put them at a disadvantage.

Great. Now every store is going to have their own system. Need gas? 711 pay. Need to buy dog food? Petco pay. Need to pay for a hooker? Godihopesheshesclean pay.

They're just trying to keep data to themselves. Apple Pay would put them at a disadvantage.
Walmart made their own...it was inevitable we'd follow suit.

So it looks like we are trying mobile payments again, instead of just accepting Apple/Android Pay. Kind of disappointing.

Target will launch its own mobile payments system this year

On the bright side, instead of making it ANOTHER app somebody has to download, we are slipstreaming it into either Cartwheel or maybe even the Target App itself.

The Target app accepts Apple Pay for app purchases already; I wonder if Apple would allow for an adjunct payment sysyem alongside theirs within the app.

Was Target part of that I.sis (added the period as to not flag my post as part of that _other_ organization)/MCM-payment system? I think it was the group of retailers that included Best Buy and Walmart; the company eventually closed or pivoted to something else, if I recall...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back