Archived More thorough training for non-seasonal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been asked to stay on for non-seasonal. During my seasonal employment it was obvious that I was being taught just enough to be able to help pull, backstock, push, scan Instocks, etc.

Are stores pretty good about broadening your training once you become "permanent?" I've already spoken to my TL and one of the trainers about making sure I learn more of the details involved in my job, so hopefully they'll come through. Frankly, though I don't want to be a jerk, should I kind of harp on them if I feel I'm not getting the information soon enough?

Harp, harp, harp, it shows you care.
And the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Well I'm a non-seasonal and I trained the seasonal BRTM at my store, and I taught them everything I know. I assume it's somewhat the same in your store?
There's not really much you can go on without knowing in the backroom, pretty much everything is important.

So I've been asked to stay on for non-seasonal. During my seasonal employment it was obvious that I was being taught just enough to be able to help pull, backstock, push, scan Instocks, etc.

Are stores pretty good about broadening your training once you become "permanent?" I've already spoken to my TL and one of the trainers about making sure I learn more of the details involved in my job, so hopefully they'll come through. Frankly, though I don't want to be a jerk, should I kind of harp on them if I feel I'm not getting the information soon enough?
Keep asking questions. They will not voluntarily give you more training. You will have to to fight for them to train you more.

My hardlines training consisted of this..."Here is a PDA...now go zone."

My hardlines training consisted of this..."Here is a PDA...now go zone."

What??? You get a PDA?

Ok, I'm in softlines right now so a PDA is mostly pointless... Sometimes I get assigned infant hardlines and I usually take a PDA so I can reset the bottles/sippy cups/pacifiers.

Pulling, backstocking, and pushing pretty much sums up working in the backroom! Not much else to learn unless you wanna learn other workcenters.

There are random things like printing location labels, SDA, empty location audits..... But that would take about 15 min to learn.

Pulling, backstocking, and pushing pretty much sums up working in the backroom! Not much else to learn unless you wanna learn other workcenters.

There are random things like printing location labels, SDA, empty location audits..... But that would take about 15 min to learn.

You could learn receiving/reverse logistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back