Archived More training?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have been cross trained in softlines for several months already and am now officially changing to that work center. I was told that I will be scheduled for some more training shifts and working closely with the TL for a while. Does anyone know why this is? I know I still have more to learn about softlines but being given more training shifts seems odd to me.

They probably have training hours to burn, so they're using them instead of letting them go to waste.

Yes, it definitely a good thing I'm being trained properly. However I would think they'd want to cross train more TMs. We are a busy A-volume store with a pretty lean softlines staff. Trying to find someone to swap a shift is basically impossible so we wind up with a lot of call outs.

Take advantage. Pick your tl's brain about sf and other work centers. :)

Have you been doing adjacenices or setting tables? Have you pulled your own batches from backroom or identified price change for clearance? Have you reset a shoe aisle and worked out the lovely multiple tubs it generates? Have you scanned tables, intimates, or boys and girls socks for outs?

I mean no disrespect in any of that, but many team members work in softlines for a while hanging, folding, doing reshop, and covering operator and believe they have learned "everything" in softlines.
You may be learning something new for a different "job" in the area and having the TL feel out your progress on the matter.

As was said above, it's more hours, and if you are being trained in something new, it may be more hours regularly.

The team lead more then likely will be training you on setting adjacencies. In my store if you pick up soft lines quickly and are a hard worker the team lead will want you to learn them. When I first started at target I worked softlines and after the first month my team lead pulled me a side and said since I was picking things up quickly that she was going to train me to set adjacencies POGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back