Archived My first day as seasonal overnight (4.5hr shift) is tomorrow.. looking for advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first job in almost 9 months. My previous job i was working as a quality control tech for video equipment. I'm a filmmaker by trade but given my current situation (which i wont bore you with) I had to find something temp to help allocate bills with my partner (i'm sure you all know how that is). I'm starting my first night of training for overnight, my shifts are 10pm-2:30am (short, compared to my last job which had me 14hrs some days so thankful for that) and I was wondering what to expect my first night? Will I be doing any legitimate work or shadowing the lead most of the night learning the process? This is my first job away from my trade of film so i'm a tad bit nervous and dont want to make a bad first impression. I have no plans on being a perm employee after my seasonal status ends in june so i guess im looking for advice on what to expect and how i can keep everyone for the most part calm towards me, do my work for the next 4 months or so and go home. I will add that the #1 thing i am i guess "scared" about is having to operate that automated lift machine to get the items on higher shelves..i know it sounds stupid but is it required of ALL backroom teammates to have to use that thing? I am a good organizer and what interested me in the position over others at target were the hours (night time and short) and that i've heard i can work alone which i've always enjoyed the best. Do you get tested on what you are the strongest at in backroom by your lead your first few days and they put you where you help the team the most or is it jumping into the deep end? I understand that every store can be different given all leads and teammates are different but I guess I am looking for somethings from people who have had my shift ease my mind so i am not walking into that backroom tomorrow night as a nervous looser.. I really do want to be prepared and have a positive mindset, looking for tools to have it. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back