Archived My first post, so inturn my first rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, this is my first post but i've been reading this forum for a little while now.

I'm a target team member for over two years and I must say I've never seen a worst set of ETL's and I have no idea how they still have a job.

When I started at target everyone was obsessed with getting the job done and getting the job done the right way the first time they did it. It wasn't always easy, but at the end of the day you knew that most people were just trying to do whats best for target. Than the storm began when my STL left target for personal reasons. We received an STL who's only other prior job with target was an ETL of HR. She/he managed to convince our District manager is would be a good idea to bring along two other ETL's from his/her other store and an ETL of logistics who came from corporate.

What happen in the last year is a complete 180. Our former STL was on the floor helping our TM/TL get the job done and more importantly she came through target so she could actually tell them how to improve their work centers. Now our ETL's rarely go onto the floor, but once a day for a few minutes and if a TL doesn't know what to do they say go on workbench not my problem. Does anyone else have leadership walks? Where all ETL's, STL and TL go walk the store to see what's happening?(it takes them 45 min to do). Than when they actually go out and work clearance out, once a week they feel like their the biggest help in the world?

Now here comes the fun the part, the logistics work center. We had an ETL who was utterly worthless by all accounts, she never came into the back room, she was RARELY schedule before 12 on truck days and the only time she came to the back room was when she knew a walk through was coming. She has had some family issues and been on LOA for the last 2 or 3 months, leaving logistics to run by itself with no ETL help. We than leaned on our BR/Flow TL, who are amazing. Logistics never has run so well in our store since we can do whatever we want since their is no way in hell the STL or other two ETL's in the building would dare touch a box to help the truck process or even understand what is going on.

Recently tragedy struck and our BR senior TL was fired because of issues lets say closing one night. Mind you what happened has happened to every ETL in the building and they would not dare be ethical enough to report it on themselves.

So now for the last month our flow TL has run BR/Instocks/Recieving/Flow process and was doing fine until a combined 8 BR/Flow/Instocks decided to give their two weeks, so inturn they haven't done much lately. Oh and while he's suppose to be running all of these departments they make his status on monday at 10 AM(we are a 6 AM store) and TL meeting at 10 AM on fridays. So he can't even over see any of the process but he's still held accountable for what the TM are doing with zero coverage.

I've went to my HR numerous times complaining about management and other team members performance, and given the nod and head shake but never has anything actually happened. I've also brought 6 other TM's into the office of our STL to complain about the lack of respect given to us by the ETL's and them not doing anything to help the team out but still they don't care.

So I realize this is a lot to digest, but can anyone help me out with what to do. I realize they have a hot line and I have number, but I really don't have a core complaint that will do anything, beside our ETL's are lazy and pass work on to TL/TM.

wow. that's a lot to process. what type of chats do you guys have? how are your best team survey scores? how are you rated for "best in class"?

I guess the main thing to remember is that you can't really fix the problems at the top.
The only people who can are those above them and they'll only do something when the sh1t smells so bad that nobody can stand it.
Some things you can fix but it's a bit like eating an elephant, one bite at a time.
Pull together a core group TM's and TL's, people you trust and who know their jobs.
Have your group carry out your own missions, handle the stuff you figure you can handle and fill in the gaps that make your lives easier.

wow. that's a lot to process. what type of chats do you guys have? how are your best team survey scores? how are you rated for "best in class"?
I rarely look at where we are with our numbers, I do know for a 6am store averaging this summer 1800 piece trucks every truck we went green on every truck and cut hours.

Well the one chat we had a month ago, myself and another backroom TM talked openly about what we thought was wrong with how they were managing us and they said we needed to trust management to make changes. Needless to say nothing has been done, if anything they have hired outside the company for terrible TL's who I wouldn't trust to baby sit.

I guess the main thing to remember is that you can't really fix the problems at the top.
The only people who can are those above them and they'll only do something when the sh1t smells so bad that nobody can stand it.
Some things you can fix but it's a bit like eating an elephant, one bite at a time.
Pull together a core group TM's and TL's, people you trust and who know their jobs.
Have your group carry out your own missions, handle the stuff you figure you can handle and fill in the gaps that make your lives easier.
We have taken on everything we can. I mean myself and my flow TL run all of logistics beside plano/price change. The ETL's didn't even bother to help. Hell my Flow TL already had a vacation approved before my BR TL was canned.

So in turn they let the plano TL run Flow/BR/In stocks/Receiving/Plano. I mean that can't be brand.

FYI, etl-hr can trained as backup Stl if needed. Ours got that training recently. It is suggested to document these events with who or what event, etc. Also, ask your bts results too. There could be your dtl watching your store too. He'll watches numbers & pending issues, etc.
You may need that if opportunity comes to you via visit.
Hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back