myStore - For the myDeviceless TM

I have created an app similar to myWork for Team Members who cannot access a myDevice, or only need information from myWork occasionally, but not enough to occupy a myDevice their whole shift.

I also added a few tools, like barcode generators, for cart and location labels.

I do not have access to the Target Developer Portal, so I cannot get the full locations, just their aisle and section. Also the API tries to override some searches with words like "deals" or generic terms like "gift cards" or "christmas" which sadly will return no items.

The API also bunches items up into one item, usually the other colors and/or sizes, which is not desired. I added a selector, which sadly does not work due to the API always returning the parent when you request the children of an item.

Hopefully some day I will be able to access the the official API's, to remedy these quirks.

Here are some screenshots, click to enlarge:

Screenshot_1545430915.png Screenshot_1547243702.png Screenshot_1545430933.png Screenshot_1545430946.png Screenshot_1545431039.png Screenshot_1547243639.png Screenshot_1547357885.png Screenshot_1547243668.png

Download it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mikuhl.mystore

Its currently only available for Androids, as Apple charges $99/year to develop applications, which I don't want to risk loosing if Target takes down this small hobby project.

If you find anything odd, let me know.

Target, and the Target logo are copyright Target Brands, Inc.

Last edited:
I was literally just starting to make an app. You saved me about an hour and a half. Your awesome!

If you have issues with Spot contacting you and wanting to take it down, lmk

Also a GitHub would be great so others (basically me) can contribute!

Formina Sage

Probably still better than you at the stacker
Staff member
Administrator
OP
OP
Mikuhl
The idea was all his, as the title suggests. I just found it unfortunate that he had to take it down, as so many people found use of it. He actually got hired to work on myWork, so it wasn't anything bad just they probably didn't want conflict of interest. I would love to hopefully get access to the Developer API to make this even better for you guys! So I do hope they actually see this to show what Team Members can do if they open their API to them!

Amanda Cantwell

Guest Service & Photo
The idea was all his, as the title suggests. I just found it unfortunate that he had to take it down, as so many people found use of it. He actually got hired to work on myWork, so it wasn't anything bad just they probably didn't want conflict of interest. I would love to hopefully get access to the Developer API to make this even better for you guys! So I do hope they actually see this to show what Team Members can do if they open their API to them!
The problem is if you get non-public API access it immediately becomes something target can shut down.

tmap98

Site Engineer
Do what you wish.

I am working with a team of engineers to bring some functionality into a new app for store, DC, and HQ TMs.
Unfortunately for you at the stores, it would mean enrolling your phone into AirWatch, but that's as good as it's going to get unfortunately. The business last I heard won't allow non guest facing applications on the app store.

Amanda Cantwell

Guest Service & Photo
The business last I heard won't allow non guest facing applications on the app store.
there’s a target driver app for the same day delivery (non shipt) that’s active in major cities.

That’s a non guest facing app. Walmart and amazon aren’t afraid to do it, we shouldn’t be either. Guests just don’t use those apps because they require authentication.

tmap98

Site Engineer
there’s a target driver app for the same day delivery (non shipt) that’s active in major cities.

That’s a non guest facing app. Walmart and amazon aren’t afraid to do it, we shouldn’t be either. Guests just don’t use those apps because they require authentication.
That's got a monetary business case behind it.

Do what you wish.

I am working with a team of engineers to bring some functionality into a new app for store, DC, and HQ TMs.
Unfortunately for you at the stores, it would mean enrolling your phone into AirWatch, but that's as good as it's going to get unfortunately. The business last I heard won't allow non guest facing applications on the app store.
I have AirWatch. Is there a beta I can get my hands on? DM me?

OP
OP
Mikuhl
I tried to give the ability of selecting the variations to solve the grouping problem, but sadly Target always gives you the group parent of the DPCI you request. @tmap98 save me...

OP
OP
Mikuhl
My store number will not come up in the list
That is strange, is the store number not a usual 4 digit one? Try typing the store name as it shows on the target website. If you can PM me the number too that would be cool.

RhettB

I've forgotten more than many young ETLs know.
That is strange, is the store number not a usual 4 digit one? Try typing the store name as it shows on the target website. If you can PM me the number too that would be cool.
It worked with store name, but not number by using search. T*** didn't do it.