Archived Nasty garlic odor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

can't touch this

блядь
Weird ass thread I know. At Target every once and awhile I'd get an item, usually a pack of Room Essentials or Threshold bath towels in the polybag (usually but not always out of a repack) and there's this sudden overpowering stench of garlic. That's the only way I know how to describe it, "garlick-y" and "metallic" with a hint of sulfur, but mostly garlic. I asked around at Target and nobody seemed to know what the hell I was talking about, then I bounce over to a new job at a DC and once again, I'm getting shirts and pants and even purses with the exact same garlic stench sticking to them. In every single case, the items never appear dirty, stained or soiled with anything, but always look perfectly clean and new and the polybags are sealed and unopened. The worst part is that the stench will stick to anything. If I'm wearing gloves it will stick to the gloves, and if I accidentally rub my nose then it stays stuck in my sinuses for over an hour. It's fucking awful. Please tell me at least somebody on here has noticed this too?

Is it related to the boxes (usually DOMS, HOME, or BUCK) that smell like puke?

I suspect it's either a whiff of dank Third World air making it over here from the textile factory in Bumfuck India or else because the items marinated in a rank shipping container on the way

but then that doesn't explain why not everything stinks so idfk fam

if I'm super lucky it's some fire ass organomercury compound and I'm about to seize up and croak

I've had boxes that smelled like gunpowder or a charred log but it's nowhere near as strong and obnoxious

Thanks so I'm not seeing things with my nose after all

whatever could be the culprit behind this sneaky invisible turbogarlic that crop-dusts you at the speed of light?

I suspect you’re pre-disposed to register the smell of the product like that, just like some people are inclined to perceive the taste of cilantro as soapy/unpleasant.

I haven’t picked that up dealing with those textile smells. However, I’ll never say never as in my experience, the senses have a way of going crazy in the most unexpected ways.

So today I found a Tommy Hilfiger shirt with that stink on it so I took it to a coworker and asked her to smell it. She gagged and groaned in disgust and agreed that yes it smelled like rank ass garlic or a rotten onion. Confirmed that it's not some psychosomatic thing, lol. Weird shit fam

A lot of clothes to me smelled like cigarette smoke being covered up by lots and lots of dryer sheets. I sent many clothes to salvage before I realized it wasn't stuff being returned by human chimneys. It wasn't just me, I asked a couple of coworkers and they agreed it smelled like cigarette smoke/dryer sheets.

I've always figured that smell was either from like pest control spray or a preservative of some sort. All that stuff coming from China I assume needs fumigation.😷

I have choked on smells from all kinds of stuff, come to think when they term out the Chinese for poor quality work they just grind em up and throw the dust in the box.

I seriously have never noticed this specifically from those products, but there have been some items that have smelled unusually bad. I always wonder "is that me?.. (*give myself a smell) no doesn't seem like it". Maybe someone poured milk all over them before shipping or something.

Cornell has a phobia of vampires and subjects all of the employees to nasty ass garlic aromas for the sake of his crazy paranoia.

Same reason he's moving everyone to mid shifts during the day. Less chance of vampire attacks.

The more you know.
Hope that helps, because right now Spot seems to be sucking the blood out of everyone...🧛‍♂️🦇😂

if this stink is really caused by some kind of fumigant or bug spray then that's what I'd have to call fighting fire with nuclear warheads. I'll take big patches of furry mildew over the stench that slugs you in the face like a pepper spray gun at point blank range

High-sulfer coal and leaded gasoline, this is a nice mix. That's what the Chinese breathe every day. It is crazy bad air pollution over there.

No blue skies ever. They still burn coal for power plants and use low grade fuels for their rides. I bet that's it ...that shit seeps into everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back