Archived Need Help: Sudden Market Shift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone; as the thread says, I need help. With a sudden Market shift. :)

I have looked at the guide but am hoping to find more specific direction, especially given the little time to prepare.

I've worked in many different work centers and am used to going in with no training, but it seems with 'perishables' involved things may need more immediate attention/leave more room for screw-ups.

It's a 7am shift if that helps. I am certainly familiar with pulling/pushing/zoning/etc. However, I have never worked with anything in the freezer/ambient rooms before. I've seen/heard QMOS bandied about quite a bit but don't know how to do it.

So to be as short as possible, any help with specific routines, steps I need to know, and equipment and functions I'll need to use/know would be SO very much appreciated. I have enough stress without worrying about blowing up PFresh.

Thank you so much everyone!

I think you need to speak to the Market TL and find out why you have this shift. It sounds like an opening PA shift and you can't just "wing" those. There's the cull, opening cleaning routines, TPCing, SDA...and others.

Thank you, Produce Queen. I have tried to go to Market members for info. but they are too busy, though are really some of the nicest (overworked) people I've ever met. We don't have a Market TL at our location. I definitely want to do the best I possibly can...unfortunately no printed guides at all for market either, at least not at our location.

if I were you I'd find out why you were scheduled for that shift w/o any training for it. Could be a mistake.

I've alerted some Leaders, but as the shift is VERY soon I'm worried there won't be anyone else to fill it in time. I'm quite certain there won't be so was hoping for a Hail Mary cram session. Can't stand the thought of being unprepared or letting anyone down or screwing up somebody's workspace. I actually woke up from a related stress nightmare at 3am this morning.

If you aren't able to get any info from someone at your store before the shift, just ask the LOD when you get there that morning. They may know who you can talk to about what you need to do. Someone in the backroom probably has a basic understanding of what to do.

on the day you are scheduled in market, pfresh.
you won't be alone just walkie for an LOD to come to pfresh and let them know you weren't trained for the daily routines and need some guidance on what to do and what they expect from you during that shift.
Since you are a substitute and just filling in, you shouldn't be held to cleaning routines other than cleaning a spill.
1.) cull, look through all the fruits and take off anything that looks bad to you. Scan the items and click on the item description on the my device scroll down to bottom and click on Toss.
then enter the number of how many you want to toss, a little garbage can will pop up and then you can toss into a garbage can. Make sure to take trash back to the compactor and dump into the compactor.
look at bagged salads and cut veggies for expired dates and take them off the floor. The closer should have done bakery, salads, cut fruit, cut veggies and deli, meals to go in the deli.
but I still check them. Check milk for expired milk, at my store we go three days out and take off the shelf.
2.) check dates. it's under the my work. do all the dcpi's for the sales floor and get the expired product off the floor.
3.) push the auto pulls from the ambient room, meat cooler, produce cooler, dairy cooler, freezer.
4.) push anything that may not be STO'd to the floor. EX: berries, grapes, we keep on tubs in the cooler cause no room to sto. Also, push bananas, they are in the
ambient room not sto'd at my store.
5.) push Milk to the floor and FIFO.

It's all about keeping the pfresh valley full and fresh.
Also, don't forget to keep dairy, yogurts, juice, eggs, creamers, lunchmeat, lunchables, looking good. ZONE ZONE ZONE, we do a mid-day zone at my store from 12:30PM to 2PM.

I sure hope you are not working on a truck delivery day, cause you will have to push truck on that day.

Last edited:
I would ask HR if it was a scheduling mistake. I got scheduled for food Ave once without having any training. I talked to HR and it was indeed a mistake.

Thank you so much, qmosqueen!
I appreciate that so much!
And yes, it is a truck day; TMs were voicing concern that only two people were scheduled to unload it. So it ought to be an adventurous day all around.

Thank you so much, qmosqueen!
I appreciate that so much!
And yes, it is a truck day; TMs were voicing concern that only two people were scheduled to unload it. So it ought to be an adventurous day all around.
good luck and let us know how it went when all said and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back