Need help!

So I am a TSS, was recently promoted from GM TM. While working GM I began a relationship w a Specialty TM. Our relationship was public knowledge. I’m friends with basically everyone in the store. Everyone knows pretty much but no one really talks about it. Just found out recently that it’s against policy?? I went through the AP directives and Handbook thoroughly previous to accepting the promotion and i saw nothing. My ETL-AP is still un-aware (he’s newish) and now I don’t know if I should talk to him about it or not. I love my store and don’t want to leave and neither does my partner. I’d be shocked if they wanted me to leave I pull reidiclous numbers and am respected by basically everyone. Again I don’t want to leave, should I just let him find out or should I come forward with it?

Last edited:
So I am a TSS, was recently promoted from GM TM. While working GM I began a relationship w a Specialty TM. Our relationship was public knowledge. I’m friends with basically everyone in the store. Everyone knows pretty much but no one really talks about it. Just found out recently that it’s against policy?? I went through the AP directives and Handbook thoroughly previous to accepting the promotion and i saw nothing. My ETL-AP is still un-aware (he’s newish) and now I don’t know if I should talk to him about it or not. I love my store and don’t wnat to leave and neither does my partner. I’d be shocked if they wanted me to leave I pull reidiclous numbers and am respected by basically everyone. What should I do? Can I really get in trouble?? I have no clue what to do.
Transfer to another store.

Part of your job is to investigate internal theft. That could be a conflict of interest. Not telling your supervisor about something that everyone pretty much knows would demonstrate an inability to make good decisions, an inability to deescalate unpleasant situations, and general untrustworthiness. Tell your supervisor. They may just say okay and be done with it.

Back