Archived Negotiating TL Pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanzano

GSTL
So I was wondering at what point during the TM --> TL process and with whom should one negotiate pay? Should I be talking to my ETL-HR? HRBP? DTL? Do I need to talk to the person that interviews me? And should I do so immediately after being offered the position or another time? I'm an experienced leader in the building already with proven metrics and have a few years with Target under my belt so I was planning for asking for an additional $1.25 or so.

It's possible right before they make their offer they will ask how much you expect. They did for me, but I was an external candidate. As an internal candidate, it's more likely that after passing interviews, the ETL-HR will make their offer to you. That's when you ask for more.

You can ask your ETL-HR for more, but however much it is has to be approved by the HRBP. In my case I had already told the HRBP what I expected to make based on my education and prior experience. So when the ETL-HR gave me the offer, and it was lower than I wanted, I pushed back and without hesitating she raised her offer by $1.50 an hour. Obviously the HRBP had already "pre-approved" the higher offer.

Our district didn't negotiate. We've had several TMs deny offers because it was only a few more $ than they were currently making. TLs had a base starting point at around $12-14, Sr TLs at $17-23 based on experience and/or education.

Make sure your hourly pay goals match up with reality. I've had TMs make more than TLs and were shocked to find that out when they thought about moving to TL. If your $1.25 or so is within the district range it shouldn't be a problem.

Apredux said it best. Idk what kind of district mhugh220 was in but that's not normal. The pay is definitely negotiable once you pass interviews and have been offered a TL position. That's gonna be the ETL HR making the offer and thats who you ask about pay. Negotiate that pay FOR SURE.

My district doesn't negotiate either. I'd suggest talking to a TL in your store that you're close to about the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back