• Thread starter SpotSpondee
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SpotSpondee

I had my scan back day today and low and behold a new app is there for it similar to the new scnt. It kicked me out repeatedly and closes my boxes when it has only 2 cds in it. If you aren't paying attention you have hit continue every time or you'll be stuck on the first title you scanned if you didn't hit continue. I'm not even sure of the art of quantity yet. For example I scan barbie movie and key 5 and continue but it'll say 1 for quantity. See bf this app this would mean for us to only send in one. If you hit enter i stead of co tinue i think its doubling the count. So now after we close a box we ( myself and my tm) have to view the carton and verify the contents. The only good thing is that you can change the quantity from the view contents. Ugh! What should be 12 hours is looking like more now if we have to keep going back to check our count.
If anyone knows their way around this junk please she'd some light?

Did my first scan the other day using the new app. Same problems as you mentioned. Carton would close with only a couple cds or movies in it, quantities would change randomly, and got kicked out every five minutes. That was my first time doing a scan and it really sucked lol

There was an urgent message today about the quantities doubling. Who knows how long that'll take to get fixed, double check all of your counts was basically what it said.

Another new app for the return scan? Is the one on RF Apps still there or did it go away already?

The SCNT app needs better design. The "done" button needs to be renamed to "End Scan" because that's all it does no matter what context you use it it (be it during the scan or checking a carton). If you are reviewing a carton, the correct action is to hit the back arrow and then click return to scan. Making things even more annoying is that the continue button from entering the quantities overlaps the done button so if you tap it too many times you'll accidentally end the scan. The done/end scan button really needs to be moved into a corner away from all the other buttons.

When you enter a quantity and hit enter, the quantity it changes to is the quantity to put in the carton. So if you have 8 DVDs and enter the number 8 but only 4 appear in the quantity, only put in four. It's annoying that there isn't a screen like the RF apps SCNT that says "Place 4 of item into carton." If you scan an item and there is no continue button under it, it's not one to be returned.

And we had major issues with the app miscounting items in the carton. I had one carton with 4x the actual quantity actually in it and every other carton was 25%-40% over counted. I wish the app wouldn't revert to page one after a quantity was changed. On the plus side I kept the items in the order I scanned them in so it was fairly easy to see what counts got messed up. I spent probably almost as much time correcting the counts as I did scanning. I don't even want to know how messed up the entertainment wacos are thanks to the over counting issues.

Did ours with my TL a couple Wednesdays ago and it was doubling tripling, even going up to 9x as many things. I did the first box, closed it out and it said I put in 163 items. Started looking throw and noticed when I put in 11 Jungle Book movies it changed it to 99. Thankfully it was small scan because it was such a headache correcting all the quantities after each box.

Do every store do their scans at the same time? My friend (receiver) said there was supposed to be a scan but no one was scheduled in our store. The only people who knows how to do it is me, her, and the signing person but we're not on the schedule to do it.

Do every store do their scans at the same time? My friend (receiver) said there was supposed to be a scan but no one was scheduled in our store. The only people who knows how to do it is me, her, and the signing person but we're not on the schedule to do it.
Might be wrong but I thought I saw a sheet my boss brought over once when we were doing it, or a message board from before hand and that certain districts did it one week and others like 2 weeks later.

After about an hour of frustration, we got it figured out enough to get it done at a decent time.
So yeah, scan item, scan label, key quantity > enter will change the quantity and hit continue, when you're done, view your boxes and audit your counts. We got the urgent message 4 hours after we finished our scan. That poor intern caught my wrath that day for stalking me. (Almost entirely another issue) I loathe wannabe lods.

Might be wrong but I thought I saw a sheet my boss brought over once when we were doing it, or a message board from before hand and that certain districts did it one week and others like 2 weeks later.

There is a scan back calendar. Whether your store is odd or even determines your sweep and scan. It's on workbench, there is a link either in the e&e weekly vibe or uhh... salesfloor> electronics and there should be a link for it at that point for scan dates

There is a scan back calendar. Whether your store is odd or even determines your sweep and scan. It's on workbench, there is a link either in the e&e weekly vibe or uhh... salesfloor> electronics and there should be a link for it at that point for scan dates

Yup, we're supposed to do a scan June week 4 and no one was scheduled to do it.

I had a major head butt with my Stl a couple weeks ago Bc I had to schedule my scan within the hours I was allocated in the forecast. It worked out. Now I have to just worry about the ipad bs and bts bs. I work one day this week and then I'm on vacay woot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back