Archived New employee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hired for price accuracy and was told they work days 8-4:30 and rarely work weekends. I started last week and started out training as a cashier (which I realized from the job ad that you have to cross train and work as needed in other departments) but they have me scheduled for 2 weeks as a cashier working nights. I asked when I would start my PA training and was told I would be put on the next schedule, but the future schedule has me still working as a cashier. If I wanted to be a cashier I would of applied to the cashier job ad online, but I applied for PA. Is this something that all stores do because I really don't need 3 weeks to learn to run a cash register?

Welcome!
Your schedule may say cashier training, but they have you train in other areas, instead. Ck with your hr or trainer.

Yeah make sure they have you coded properly.
Be emphatic about what you you hired for but keep it professional.

Welcome to The Break Room.

Sounds about right for Target. Training hours are scarce and when they have them, they're probably being used for something other than training (we've had a TM under "guest service training" but just doing reshop for a while now I think). I'd touch base with your TL and double-check what's going on so they can make sure that you get the actual training you need.

Now lace up your shoes & get ready to run screaming into the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back