Archived new era market vs steritech

Status
Not open for further replies.

consume

凸(-_-)凸
You know. Pfresh has changed a lot since I was a pa in the first store to open in my city, 5 years ago.. I've had my own store for 4. The first years in pfresh were great, with the FBP, dedicated hours, fairly strict standards to best practice and food safety. At first, it even spooked them, what with killing people from spoiled food and all..

Well that's not the case now. They've killed our business partner, which would help keep stl or etls in check if they tried pulling the team from ensuing the best product available.

I get emailed all of the steritech results from the stores around me, I like to use them as tip sheets for what they're looking for. Lately, every store has been getting yellow or red. I've been fortunate, but that's because I fight.

I know I'm not the only one noticing this, what challenges have you had to face since they started cutting resources to market?

Last edited:
Cleaning routines and out of dates are the two biggest ones that I'm seeing
You should see the high risk criticals that they send in on the pallets we get from the DC now, they didn't bother working out my truck today, so if steritech had of came, they would have seen boxes of chicken and bacon and beef and pork and eggs just sitting right above whatever.. Multiple hrcs on one pallet..

Plus the br team left the bananas in a cooler.

Better than a pallet of frozen sitting outside for 3 1/2 hours.... it's better that you don't ask
Before I became CTL at this store, the freezer was so full, they would move what they couldn't fit to the dairy cooler and rotate it "hourly"... I didn't even bother ask who was doing that after the store closed

My goodness! So glad I am not alone in this. Cleaning tasks, where is the time for cleaning? Training new team members on processes, no time for that. Scheduling people who are trained or care about processes or food safety.

I can come in next day and have a full qmos bin, no one works it. After being out 1 day my QMOS bin is full of spoiling raw, leaking (defrosted) pork, chicken, fish, rotting produce. It is sickening. Made me vomit once. Thankfully I am getting a stronger stomach and just heave now. I am scared to ask for a more than one day off in a row.

Food trucks are pushed by people who just want to get out of the area so no care is taken with correct locations, FIFO, over stock, neatness on shelf or on backstock rack. Then who gets questioned as to why? The PA. But we are not TLs so who are we to speak to fellow team members. It maddening.

fifo? What's that? Sarcasm. No one at Target cares. I used to rotate the stock when I did resets or revisions. No more. It all comes down to .... Let the buyer beware. Check every date, on every single item you buy. Because frankly, i am not given time, and sadly don't care anymore, about fifo. Flow isn't given time. And we haven't done freshness Friday in three weeks. Since. Screw it. Just don't choke on the chunky milk when you try to drink it.

I miss food dashboard...

Me too! It had such great information.

I've been the PA since we remodeled 2 1/2 years ago and it's been difficult to watch the deterioration of standards in market. There is no time given to clean anything anymore but nobody seems to care in management. My team and I do what we can but with the coverage we're given, it's tough. I refuse to sign off on tasks that aren't done so my cleaning logs are pretty blank. The last 2 Steritech visits we've gotten green and there is no way we deserved it. It seemed like they did it with blinders on.

Our food comp sales are positive except for dry (stupid grocery reset from hell) so I guess that's all that matters to mgmt.
Somehow, I feel that the lack of attention to cleaning etc is going to bite Target in the ass at some point soon.

I remember a few years ago when they started cutting hours saying to myself "There's no way they can cut food hours that much. Too much to do and too much safety stuff to worry about." Boy was I ever wrong.

What is so stupid, is how much money could actually be saved if maybe they added 1 or 2 Market Team members per shift (So there is 3 on the floor, at most times). The amount of money saved would FAR outreach the amount they actually pay those 2 employees.

To get a consistently good score with Steritech you have to be somewhat of a Magician.

Last edited:
I had to beg them for mids again. I finally got 1 - 3 days a week because I expressed to hr who is responsible for dealing with the news if we kill someone from expired food, that we aren't getting enough time to make sure the food is safe and I'm finding sh!t from 2012 on the salesfloor side as the first item... Plus pfresh and her coolers could use any bit of help they can get

I had to beg them for mids again. I finally got 1 - 3 days a week because I expressed to hr who is responsible for dealing with the news if we kill someone from expired food, that we aren't getting enough time to make sure the food is safe and I'm finding sh!t from 2012 on the salesfloor side as the first item... Plus pfresh and her coolers could use any bit of help they can get

I am lucky enough to have a STL i can go to with these problems, as a PA all i can really do is bitch and complain about it (I say PA stands for "Pain in the Ass") I realized when me and my Partner PA were only being scheduled for 27-30 hours that we were having a major problem with out of dates, this was about 8 months ago, about a week later we were changed to be 38-40 every week and have been since.

But I am sure, and hope that my managers realize that they would much rather deal with "the kid in market" rather than the Steritech guy and I usually make it a point to say that to them and then they will usually take me seriously.

I am lucky enough to have a STL i can go to with these problems, as a PA all i can really do is bitch and complain about it (I say PA stands for "Pain in the Ass") I realized when me and my Partner PA were only being scheduled for 27-30 hours that we were having a major problem with out of dates, this was about 8 months ago, about a week later we were changed to be 38-40 every week and have been since.

But I am sure, and hope that my managers realize that they would much rather deal with "the kid in market" rather than the Steritech guy and I usually make it a point to say that to them and then they will usually take me seriously.

I go directly to my STL as well, (he says my picture is next to the dictionary definition of squeaky wheel), but all I get is "we're working on it" or I'll talk to so and so" and nothing ever changes. 6 months ago I showed him the moldy wacos in the dairy cooler and expressed the need to have time to clean them ALL. The amount of hours given to us to do this? Zip zero nada. I clean a few here and there as I can but.... what can ya do?

A couple weeks ago...we got our grocery truck. I had back stocked the cooler went into the freezer and no BS. Well. I knew no one else had done it ( they wouldn't if their life depended on it 0 so I asked the TL, have you seen the frozen BS...his reply, Uh, no...I bet no one brought it back. I replied well, if its still sitting on the floor its been out there for over an hour....next thing I know here he comes with the frozen bs. I said well I guess all that just gets qmos'ed now ...H e replied nah it will be ok....you can qmos the ice cream but the rest will be fine. I asked three times...are you sure? I picked up half thawed chicken and shrimp....are you sure? yeah it will be fine he said. wow....

A couple weeks ago...we got our grocery truck. I had back stocked the cooler went into the freezer and no BS. Well. I knew no one else had done it ( they wouldn't if their life depended on it 0 so I asked the TL, have you seen the frozen BS...his reply, Uh, no...I bet no one brought it back. I replied well, if its still sitting on the floor its been out there for over an hour....next thing I know here he comes with the frozen bs. I said well I guess all that just gets qmos'ed now ...H e replied nah it will be ok....you can qmos the ice cream but the rest will be fine. I asked three times...are you sure? I picked up half thawed chicken and shrimp....are you sure? yeah it will be fine he said. wow....
Gross

I had a three-tiered Cart thrown together with Raw Chicken/Ground Beef/Lunchables/Lunch Meat for me about 2 weeks ago that looked like it was a BTS Repack box.

I took one look and called for my ETL-Log, and grabbed the nearest TL as well, because I wanted as many eyes to see. I asked my ETL-Log if I should Q-mos it all. He said no, it should be able to be salvaged. He then found out I showed a TL (who didn't really seem to give a shit) and seemed annoyed, and asked if I wanted to call all the Backroom Teams Mothers.

I said yes, and asked for their numbers.

I had a three-tiered Cart thrown together with Raw Chicken/Ground Beef/Lunchables/Lunch Meat for me about 2 weeks ago that looked like it was a BTS Repack box.

I took one look and called for my ETL-Log, and grabbed the nearest TL as well, because I wanted as many eyes to see. I asked my ETL-Log if I should Q-mos it all. He said no, it should be able to be salvaged. He then found out I showed a TL (who didn't really seem to give a shit) and seemed annoyed, and asked if I wanted to call all the Backroom Teams Mothers.

Hahaha!

In all honesty I would have just Qmos'd everything that was out of temp. Period. I don't give a crap that my TL would think it's okay to sell. It's not. half thawed chicken and shrimp? No fricking way is that okay. tgtguy is your TL even food safety certified?

Another thing that drives me up a wall....is when my fellow back room team members will pull the cafs for the cooler/freezer,,,they will push them but wont backstock them. So, if I am off for the weekend or for the day....it sits there waiting till I come back. I asked an etl...why couldn't they bs if I wasn't there....he then replied well they know you will do it if they don't...I looked at him and said that's just sad

Hahaha!

In all honesty I would have just Qmos'd everything that was out of temp. Period. I don't give a crap that my TL would think it's okay to sell. It's not. half thawed chicken and shrimp? No fricking way is that okay. tgtguy is your TL even food safety certified?
He claims to be....but he also claims to be a leader and that's not working so well for him either...I don't think he could lead a starving man to the dinner table .

Hahaha!

It wasn't my TL it was my ETL-Log

I went to him because he is in charge of the backroom.

Hahaha!

In all honesty I would have just Qmos'd everything that was out of temp. Period. I don't give a crap that my TL would think it's okay to sell. It's not. half thawed chicken and shrimp? No fricking way is that okay. tgtguy is your TL even food safety certified?[/QUOTE]

It wasn't my TL it was my ETL-Log[/QUOTE]
I was actually referring to the out of temp stuff that tgtguy dealt with.
I liked your answer about calling the mothers of the BR TM's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back