Archived New External Hire GSTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I am about to finish my training to be the GSTL of a store that hasn't had a GSTL in about 9-10 months. With this being said my GSAs are great, and they were kind of leading the way and making sure that everything was getting done. But it has also caused some disorganization because of the number of people (4-5 GSAs) trying to do one job. I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me, anything that you do at your store that makes communication between your GSAs and GSTLs easier? Anything you do to keep your cashiers excited, or any suggestions on being a new external hire, or any kind of organization tips that you guys have?

I was also curious as to if you ever have meetings with your GSTL and your GSAs? I feel like there is a lot I want to go over with them because everything is kind of a mess up front right now and I don't really know how to do that unless we are all able to sit down in one place and have a meeting and discuss everything.

I appreciate any and all suggestions! Thank you !

Having said that, they’ll still be a huge resource. Make sure your former GSAs get hours and are out where they prefer or they’ll end up fleeing to other workcenters where they feel they can continue their development 😝

Edit: looking forward to stealing a few GSAs for my team 😏

Last edited:
Honestly no one at my store is talking about the modernization, obviously, it's happening but no one has told me anything about it and I'm honestly scared. Who is going to be in charge of watching the front end when I'm not there?

It’s tough being the new kid. New to store tougher than new to role. I’d say fit in and don’t piss anyone off out the gate. If you make enemies before you make friends it’s hard to recover. Be honest, be fair, take partners, help others and be helpful, stay positive, don’t be an energy sucker, be humble (queen of all is tough to swallow), balance recognizing talent and holding tm’s accountable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back