Archived New Flow Process?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i work instocks, so them doing a shitty job, always makes my job harder... but if they don't finish they always make my team work hard to finish it... so damned if they do, damned if they dont.
Heads up: no more Instocks team when this process rolls out in your store. Start getting cross-trained somewhere else

Our store has been doing this for a few months and different store leaders keep coming to our store because we are doing so great with it.
We are basically salesfloor as well as flow, so we respond to backups, get cafs, answer calls, etc. We get more hours and everyone has their own area that they push and zone and such.
What volume is your store? Did you get more people on flow to help the process?

Heads up: no more Instocks team when this process rolls out in your store. Start getting cross-trained somewhere else

Are you sure about that? I'm going to be getting trained in instocks on the new schedule and from what I've heard, there's going to be a new process for it. Supposed to be easier, but don't know any specific details or if it's company wide or not.

Well their are lots of flow that don't bring you what they really should be getting as backstock.

I'm confused. My post was me a sales floor person pretending to be flow describing how they act.

I'm confused. My post was me a sales floor person pretending to be flow describing how they act.

Ah I did not know that! Don't be confused. I am just so burnt out that humor is not registering when it comes to anything Flow team.

Ah I did not know that! Don't be confused. I am just so burnt out that humor is not registering when it comes to anything Flow team.

Our C&S team today thought it was a good idea to push raw ground beef next to turkey. Without dividers.

Sounds like flow is going to have to do a lot of hiring, training, and using up of even more payroll.

What happens if an area is trashed? Reshop carts abound? - this could be an ordinary weekend of low payroll + call outs. What happens in 4th quarter when additional trucks are added?

I am all for accountability, but being responsible for the zone?

Good luck in HBA, or Sporting Goods (water bottles, bike helmets) or TOYS! OMG toys in late Dec is usually a craziness of Flex and poorly zones aisles + reshop galore.

Hee hee - good luck with the Laundry Detergent aisle. That stuff is messed up/mis stocked every week.

Oh, and SOFTLINES. OMG the zone in softlines. (ok, softlines flow team - In addition to your regular duties, please fold all the tables, zone up the Baby Gondolas, and put all the socks/basics in the correct place.)

SHOES. Dude. I would seriously quit if I was the dedicated stocker of shoes and held accountable for the zone.
I rolled this process out at my store... I have been doing this (away from best practice, obviously) in my store for literally 6 years. It's more a more efficient process for numerous reasons. People are spending less time bullshitting with one another because they aren't lumped together. People aren't tripping over each other. People more often than not actually put shit in the correct spot because they know they are getting followed up with because they were the one stocking the area. Of course, you have your problem performers every once in a while but you either work them out or correct their behavior. I can't imagine working a process where shit is getting waved out. Personally I think that the dedicated stocker process would only fail if your leadership sucked. Unfortunately that is often the case in a lot of Target stores.

All that being said, there is a huge problem with the thought process behind rolling this out as best practice at all stores, because this goes way beyond just dedicated stocking and getting the fuck out of dodge.

The biggest problem is not with dedicated stockers. That's fine. If your store looks good and you have brand support on the sales floor side, you won't have to spend much time if any zoning.

The biggest problem going on with Target right now in terms of this "own a department" thing goes beyond just simply owning the truck push for a department. They are, quite literally, trying to figure out how to eliminate as many jobs as possible and save as much payroll as possible by having ONE individual own EVERYTHING about any given department. PTM, zone, stocking, sales planners, etc... basically some asshole at corporate refuses to let the idea of the VIPER process die even though when it rolled out to all the test stores ALL the stores FAILED MISERABLY, INCLUDING THE ONE THAT WAS THE BEST AT IT. There's a reason they failed miserably... you can't pay someone close to minimum wage and expect them to have the type of engagement and motivation that it takes to do ALL of those things. These people aren't on the team lead level, which is the type of pay and hours it would take in order to attract that type of person and keep them in that role.

It's like they literally expect someone making $9-$10 an hour to care about the zone, stock accuracy, presentation, sales planners, research/on hand accuracy, backstock and discontinued merchandise coming out of the back, etc... and not only to do all of these things and care about all of these things, but to do them on a high level.

Get it through your head, Target. The VIPER process is a fucking failure. Let it the fuck go. You aren't going to get away with putting this much work on a single group of people. Given the parameters you have set up, it is not fucking possible.

Said every PA ever.

What volume is your store? Did you get more people on flow to help the process?
I'm not sure but we are small, most trucks are 1800-2100. Everyone has their own area, except for large areas. Like, they split HBA in half and give one person each side. It works well because you basically have someone to blame if stuff is always in the wrong spot lol

WE HAVE TO PUSH IT ALL OR ELSE THEYLL MAKE US BACK STOCK
When i worked electronics flow, i worked truck push when i was finished i back-stocked electronics if i had time left over in the day went over electronics 4x4-ing cleaning up any merch protection mistakes done by plano or dayside. Had many talks with TMs i saw overstock and about messy backstock carts.

Are you sure about that? I'm going to be getting trained in instocks on the new schedule and from what I've heard, there's going to be a new process for it. Supposed to be easier, but don't know any specific details or if it's company wide or not.
You're correct. Instocks isn't going anywhere, they are just changing the process. A&A will still be a one day scan, but HL scans will be divided into 4 days. And weekends will just be scanning new outs. We will be doing 4x4's again on 3 of those days. There's a Redwire about this that explains more in depth.

You're correct. Instocks isn't going anywhere, they are just changing the process. A&A will still be a one day scan, but HL scans will be divided into 4 days. And weekends will just be scanning new outs. We will be doing 4x4's again on 3 of those days. There's a Redwire about this that explains more in depth.

What's on each day? We already do our market/pFresh scans on a separate day from hardlines

What's on each day? We already do our market/pFresh scans on a separate day from hardlines

I can't remember all the days off the top of my head. Monday is Grocery, Tuesday is HBA/Pets/Chem, Thursday is A&A. I know that 4x4's are electronics Wednesday, shoes Thursday, and seasonal Friday. I'll look at the Redwire again tomorrow when I go in and write down the days for each.

There's a reason they failed miserably... you can't pay someone close to minimum wage and expect them to have the type of engagement and motivation that it takes to do ALL of those things. These people aren't on the team lead level, which is the type of pay and hours it would take in order to attract that type of person and keep them in that role.

It's like they literally expect someone making $9-$10 an hour to care about the zone, stock accuracy, presentation, sales planners, research/on hand accuracy, backstock and discontinued merchandise coming out of the back, etc... and not only to do all of these things and care about all of these things, but to do them on a high level.
Walmart does this to a certain extent, except the people working those areas actually are managers, with manager pay. Why do it at Target as a TM when you can do it at Walmart and get compensated fairly for it?

im not sure hes right about that... i was just told that instocks is getting re imagined though. basically we are just doing rigs, and outs starting this saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back