Archived New for us - Is this how it works for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, here's what I could find out in the time I had to look into it today. It kinda gets a little fuzzy because on a Corrective Action report it first opens up talking about not calling in before your shift and up to 2 hours after the start of your shift before you are a NCNS. The dicey part is in the corrective section where it lists as a clause for future behavior that you call 2 hours before your shift to notify them while you are on your probationary period to avoid another NCNS status. Sounds like they over read into things and are jumping the gun on the 2 hour mark, unless you are already on a CA that is.

Still a little impractical though. If you find out your son/daughter just broke an arm only an hour before work? "Oh, sorry Jimmy/Julie, you'll have to mend that yourself, I don't have the needed time to make arrangements with work.". They are suppose to also take other REASONABLE situations into account and act appropriately. I guess I just have a problem with a lot of the "no tolerance" policies places have, more like "no actual thinking" policies, but I digress.

"unless you are already on a CA that is."
That's a nope - never have been in almost 12 years.

"In the "Team Member Handbook", it says "Notify your supervisor at least two hours prior to the start of your shift in case of absences or if you are going to be late"."
This is what I thought - I was wondering if it had recently been changed. Can a store just make up whatever rules they want so that it's more "fair"? I sooooo wanted to call bull**** when I talked to our HR person about this. I asked her to show it to me - still haven't seen it.

"They are suppose to also take other REASONABLE situations into account and act appropriately."
One would hope so. I would never even think this had to be said up until the past year or so.

"unless you are already on a CA that is."
That's a nope - never have been in almost 12 years.

"In the "Team Member Handbook", it says "Notify your supervisor at least two hours prior to the start of your shift in case of absences or if you are going to be late"."
This is what I thought - I was wondering if it had recently been changed. Can a store just make up whatever rules they want so that it's more "fair"? I sooooo wanted to call bull**** when I talked to our HR person about this. I asked her to show it to me - still haven't seen it.

"They are suppose to also take other REASONABLE situations into account and act appropriately."
One would hope so. I would never even think this had to be said up until the past year or so.
At my store, my etl's do like it when a tm/tl calls out the night before their shift. I think it is a store by store thing.

I think that a call anytime (two hours or more) in which you can tell the LOD that you'll be out should be accepted. Seems to me that this is an issue that needs to be confirmed through the integrity hotline....not just for one store, but for all stores. Perhaps a DTL or a Group manager can get this information sent out to ALL stores so that there's no confusion in the future.

Maybe a message to a SR VP would be a good idea......let this whole issue be clarified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back