Archived New gsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! That makes it sound as if it's the same as flexible fulfillment? And it makes it sound like they didn't schedule me for anything gsa related?

Does anyone know what "order pick up" on your schedule means? I'm a new gsa as well and my schedule for the first week all has shifts that say this.

They are piloting a specific person at each store helping order pickup. At my store you don't help with flexes you just grab guest orders. When things get slow you will backup guest services.

Target eventually envisions a constant stream of guest simply doing order pickups

One tip I can give you that I always see my GSAs stressing out about is to also learn how to let things roll off your back. There will be times where ETLs don't give your team a lot of hours to work with. So while they're enjoying saving hours and their bonuses, you're stuck with the stress of having to plan breaks/lunches with no coverage and guests yelling for more lines when there's nothing you can do about it.

That being said, your other GSAs will become your best friends because they know that stress and have felt it, so they will definitely help you cope.

One thing I can say is that it takes a special kind of person to be a GSA in the sense that you tend to feel more stress than you need to feel for a job you'd think would be really easy.

As for me, I'm glad I've declined my ETL's offer of becoming one mainly because I don't think the stress and time is worth the 50 cent raise especially while I'm going to school.

I don't mean to scare you, I just want you to know that it'll be difficult but it is a good stepping stone for another position. I wish you the best of luck though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back