Archived New hire, when do I get my first pay/direct deposit question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was recently hired and my orientation was the 11th. I know about bi-weekly pay from Target but I was wondering when I would receive my first paycheck, as I logged my direct deposit info the first day of my work and my store's payday is Friday.

Usually, how long would it take to get through or will I receive a paper one?

I would imagine that you would get it on your next payday. You will probably get DD, but it may be paper for the 1st time.

I would imagine that you would get it on your next payday. You will probably get DD, but it may be paper for the 1st time.

Should I call my HR and ask? I figured it would have gone through by now but it hasn't shown up yet.

Your payday may not be until next Friday as well. Just ask someone at the store when payday is and then that should clear it up.

Your payday may not be until next Friday as well. Just ask someone at the store when payday is and then that should clear it up.

Hmm. I was told on my orientation about the bi-weekly pay, Friday payday, etc. I had my orientation on a Saturday, and the first week I worked was a payday for other TM's, and my OL said that we would be getting our paychecks in 2 weeks. I did ask too, and I was told it was on Fridays and that DD's usually show up around 12-3AM.

Then I would check for a paper check at the store. I am not sure where it is at your store as A.S.A.N.T.S. (All Stores Are Not The Same)

Then I would check for a paper check at the store. I am not sure where it is at your store as A.S.A.N.T.S. (All Stores Are Not The Same)

Okay, should I call and ask about it? I wasn't scheduled to work Friday so I'm wondering how I'd get it or where I would. I wasn't told any of that during orientation or at all.

You can just go into the store to pick it up and ask someone where they are.

You can just go into the store to pick it up and ask someone where they are.

Okay, thank you. Would I need someone or anything to confirm if I get paid though? I imagine if I couldn't get it after 2 weeks and they don't have it, I wouldn't know what to do.

I called into HR and they said it takes a few pay cycles to work but a paper check is available the first pay cycle.

Do I check in with them to see if they have it? I can't seem to look at eHR at home and check when it'll be available.

If pay day was this friday, then it should be at the store.

During my orientation, the payday (Friday) would have been the 1 week after my orientation for their current staff, but since I was new I was told it'd be yesterday. So, their payday would have been the 17th of this month and mine & others would be the 24th. Should I check on that or do they withhold until your third week, or does that depend on the store.

If a new hire starts in the middle of a pay period, your first week will be rolled into the next paycheck so you'll have three weeks on your first check.
Direct deposit normally takes two paychecks before it take effect.

If a new hire starts in the middle of a pay period, your first week will be rolled into the next paycheck so you'll have three weeks on your first check.
Direct deposit normally takes two paychecks before it take effect.

I started the day after a pay period, if that helps. So, this one's is on a Friday and I started on Saturday according to my orientation date. Will it just be the two weeks plus orientation for this week?

Yes, it should be.
HR generally does payroll entry the Monday after the second week (which is why you want to correct any missed punches); paycheck comes out that Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back