Archived New in Role Sr. TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been with target for around 3 years, ran LOD as a TL prior to becoming Senior.

I just have a couple of questions for all members for some insight...

1. LOD routines? What are your LOD routines?
2. PG? What pay grade should I be at? How much should I be making an hour at a high volume store?
3. How to you balance the workload for what needs to be done in your departments while having your LOD shifts?
4. What is your hardest task(s) as LOD?
5. How do you get your ETLs aka "Chiefs" to help out when your LOD?
6. Finally have any Seniors been promoted without a degree to something other then LOG? I am currently in the process of getting my degree but I know my district will have a lot of openings after 4th qt

Hi. I have been a Sr for a year and a half. I was HL and I just recently took over POG/PC.
#1 - Our regular LOD routines include checking in with all teams, walk the floor for things that need to be fixed/brand opps, talking to the front end about redcards, checking the restrooms, brand at the front end and outside, PCV, taking care of Brinks when they come, checking for Flexible Fulfillment every hour, being on compliance control, holding the huddle, going through Redwire, throwing out all the garbage, scanning 50 outs, and validating the 4x4s that we give out in the morning. Add in there taking all LOD calls on the phone or in the store. Dealing with TM issues, guest issues, accidents, ect. I am sure I am missing some things that we do too. While I am LOD I try to do things to help my teams out, especially on closing shifts. I will go through the NOP tub for pricing or the other night I put up the Entertainment backer paper that came in a week late :-/ I also use that time to staple the planograms and revisions so I am not using workload hours to do so. I will also walk the planogram sets that we did that week and make sure everything was completed while I am LOD. I really try to use my LOD shifts to my advantage to get things done that I just cannot do when I am scheduled under pog or pricing.

That kind of falls into your #3. When I was HL it was much easier to me to balance the two positions. Now that I have basically 3 jobs I am finding it much harder to balance which is why I use my LOD shifts to do other things.

#4 - I don't know about a hardest task. The ones I hate the most are throwing away the trash and cleaning up disgusting messes in the bathroom.

#5 - I will just ask an ETL to do something for me if I cant get to it. For example if I am with a guest and Brinks comes I will ask if someone can get it for me. Getting them to do anything for my actual work center is kind of hard. I will ask the SF ETL to clear clearance out of the way for the planogram team if there is a ton of it and we need to get in there.

Hope that answers some of your questions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back