New Inbound TL

I had 2 closing shifts to learn how to lock up at night than an unload training with a TEAM MEMBER. I was given A morning security walk & boom keys & code. Zero experience on line no outside training. I am in charge of unload, receiving, hair care, OTC, fem/personal care, chem, pets, paper, toys, & infant hardlines ...
I actually feel sorry for a team leader

I didn't know I could ever feel this way. It's so strange.

Someone in my position! I just got promoted to inbound TL from sales floor. I had 2 closing shifts to learn how to lock up at night than an unload training with a TEAM MEMBER. I was given A morning security walk & boom keys & code. Zero experience on line no outside training. I am in charge of unload, receiving, hair care, OTC, fem/personal care, chem, pets, paper, toys, & infant hardlines. First I haven’t gotten unload faster we take 2-2.5 hours & our trucks 1300-2000 than team has 4 hours to push there area plus price change & POG. I have yet to work a shift with full staff. When someone’s gone there stuff rolls b/c my team barely gets there area done. And being new pets in transition plus toys heavy revisions I FEEL like there is no way to win. My team is not new so I cannot understand why they refuse speed up unload. We always have 6 unloads plus me when I’m not moving pallets or opening doors & cabinets 😩
Wow. So do you have full staff or not? You say “ you have yet to work a shift with full staff” then you say “ you have 6 plus yourself” . My first thought is that your team doesn’t like the change in their leader .I mean if you vent as you did here I’m pretty sure they don’t even respect you because you don’t even know what’s to do . I would suggest asking your sd and hr for additional training . Try to get to know your team don’t come in hot , let them know you are there to work with them just as hard and don’t be afraid to ask them for suggestions they will take that as appreciation that you respect their knowledge. You truck sizes are a dream but your timelines are a nightmare. 1300 -2/2half hour is a long time . You need to work on motivating your team . When I stepped into the role of inbound the whole team hated me no joke. So I tried something different the next day I had a redbull and a case of Gatorade for the team ( redbull for the unloader) I huddled them up and let them know that I’m there to work just as hard as they do and and I’ll do my best to support in any way shape or form next thing you know their attitude changed. During the unload I would change their vehicles, I would trap the bulk, I would get the Pipo out etc. It’s really all about how they see you and how do you relate to team. An other thing for motivation I would bring my speaker and play music during unloads they seemed to enjoy that . Your your inbound being dbo you need to remind them the sooner you guys get truck done the sooner you can start supporting their areas be it with pc, rev etc.
Personally I don’t see the point of you owning toys if anything you should own plastics as part of p1 .

First I’ve been at store for 10 years. That’s 10 years eating lunch & hanging out with them. I did come in & say I don’t know what to do so let me know what you want me to do. I move & replace vehicles & I help unload. I work whole time. What I mean by full stay is a DBO for all locations so their stuff just rolls along with everything the team rolls 🥺

Back