New Pricing

Yesterday, upon arrival at work, a couple of team members informed me that there is a new way of doing pricing. They didn’t explain the new form because they said that it’s complicated and they were so confused. Can someone give a tutorial/insight to this “new” method. Thank you....

Hardlines price change is now done the same way as market. Items that are still on pog will not be stickered but instead will be activated in Price Change (without counting how many there are) and then a yellow shelf label will be placed along with a percentage off 3x2. The yellow clearance labels are printed the same way as price accuracy labels but in a separate HQ batch.

These items will not pull in a Price Change batch while the pog is still tied but instead will fall into a 1for1 as it sells down.

Once the pog resets and the clearance is removed, those items will then be stickered to be placed on a clearance endcap. And that is when any remaining items in the backroom will drop into a Price Change batch.

Last edited:
They are having us try to get 2 weeks ahead on our revisions and resets. Which basically means nothing will be on POG when it goes clearance. So basically it will be the same as the old way with stickers and putting on an endcap, right?

They are having us try to get 2 weeks ahead on our revisions and resets. Which basically means nothing will be on POG when it goes clearance. So basically it will be the same as the old way with stickers and putting on an endcap, right?
Yes. Presentation team wad told : “if we scan clearance when setting we have to sticker it and put it on clearance endcap“.
Keep in mind that any discontinued items NOT carry forward on the new pog will be NOP when you tie the New pog. So you will have more BACKSTOCK if you set early and DBO will have to pull and sticker those items When they drop clearance and go on the clearance endcap.
The process is just about the same, the only changes are ;
1. All clearance on yellow label sheets
2. NO ticketing for items still on pog - only hang shelf tag label and a yellow % off sticker bib (like the ad signs)
3. For some reason told to no longer print from workbench printer - use signs and label printer only for the sheets
(Currently if we use workbench printer we have to load unit labels in upside down to have print line up into areas)

It's also tedious because if you set a pog early and those items are not clearance yet so end up as NOP backstock, when they do go clearance, the system still thinks they are part of a pog (even though it's not set anymore) so it prints a yellow shelf label. To activate then you have to scan it in Price Change and then flip over to MyWork to print a clearance sticker. I had this with several items that were supposed be set on endcaps but had been taken down because they were too light.

It's also tedious because if you set a pog early and those items are not clearance yet so end up as NOP backstock, when they do go clearance, the system still thinks they are part of a pog (even though it's not set anymore) so it prints a yellow shelf label. To activate then you have to scan it in Price Change and then flip over to MyWork to print a clearance sticker. I had this with several items that were supposed be set on endcaps but had been taken down because they were too light.
Interesting. I haven’t seen that....haven’t had a chance to set anything EARLY in a while....always playing catch up on a few from prior week then working current, then barely finishing with a few carry overs at the end of the week. Also, Overnight shift steals a lot of time watching/coaching/pushing SFS tm’s than dayside shifts ever did ! Plus With all seasonal newbies setting I end up doing half the work to train them and help keep up.
I don’t get why a shelf label would print for an item on an untied pog ? Where does the system think you are going to put that label ?
Also, why leave price change to print a clearance sticker ? is it not the same place on the zebra to activate label AND print sticker ?
- mywork, my tasks, price change for both tasks ?

Interesting. I haven’t seen that....haven’t had a chance to set anything EARLY in a while....always playing catch up on a few from prior week then working current, then barely finishing with a few carry overs at the end of the week. Also, Overnight shift steals a lot of time watching/coaching/pushing SFS tm’s than dayside shifts ever did ! Plus With all seasonal newbies setting I end up doing half the work to train them and help keep up.
I don’t get why a shelf label would print for an item on an untied pog ? Where does the system think you are going to put that label ?
Also, why leave price change to print a clearance sticker ? is it not the same place on the zebra to activate label AND print sticker ?
- mywork, my tasks, price change for both tasks ?

Not in this case. Because the items were supposed to be on a currently tied pog, in Price Change it will only let you activate the shelf label. To print an actual clearance sticker you have to go back in MyWork under Print and select clearance ticket.

Not in this case. Because the items were supposed to be on a currently tied pog, in Price Change it will only let you activate the shelf label. To print an actual clearance sticker you have to go back in MyWork under Print and select clearance ticket.
If you scan it again under pricing it lets you print tickets. You just have to scan it once after you activate it

Back