Archived New stores planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering. Are additional stores being planned or built? I live near a burg that wants a Target but I'm guessing it won't happen (soon).

What about 2016? I live in an area where a Target closed in 2014. But there are rumors a new one is planned in a better part of town.

There are several places ive lived that could definitely do with a target. Greenwood Sc for example doesn't have one yet has two Walmart's and is a good hour from the nearest store. If you live in west or southeast Atlanta you have to drive a good ways to get to a store. There's also no city or express targets which would do good here as well as in Greenville sc

Try reaching out to your city councilman (or similar elected official). If there are no locations nearby and there is suitable real estate available, that could be all they need to bring it up at the next meeting and pitch Target the benefits of coming to the area.

Conservatives will love the job creation and liberals will love the increased tax base, so it's a win-win.

Only 6 normal stores eh? That is a surprise. Last year was the first time Target closed more stores than they opened, looks like this year will be the same. Walmart is suppose to open 300 small stores and 150 super centers this year.

Yeah there's 1,795 stores now... remember when they wanted 2,020 stores by 2020?

Try reaching out to your city councilman (or similar elected official). If there are no locations nearby and there is suitable real estate available, that could be all they need to bring it up at the next meeting and pitch Target the benefits of coming to the area.

Conservatives will love the job creation and liberals will love the increased tax base, so it's a win-win.
Thanks have talked to councilmen and they are proceeding. The demographic is finally there and the real estate is available. Also have a couple of dc's nearby. Could happen if corporate health is restored. A good spot for Spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back