Archived New Style TL questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I just accepted a Style TL position and was a former Style TM. If you were promoted from TM to TL what are some things you wish you had been told going into your new role or some challenges you didn't expect?

As far as doing interviews for new TMs do you just follow the packet or are there other questions you have added in there and think are beneficial?

I wish I knew that I would be held accountable for the actions/inactions of others.
Typically you would stick to the packet for interviews, make sure to sit in a few interviews with other TLs and observe.

Hi! I just accepted a Style TL position and was a former Style TM. If you were promoted from TM to TL what are some things you wish you had been told going into your new role or some challenges you didn't expect?

As far as doing interviews for new TMs do you just follow the packet or are there other questions you have added in there and think are beneficial?
I rarely stick to the packet , but then again I’m gmtl and when I do interview I ask questions about hobby’s and other stuff just to get a vibe if they would work for my unload team .

I typically stick to the interview guide but I add some stuff. For instance I make sure to tell the interviewee that they are expected to respond for backup and guest assistance calls. I also let them know that they may have to help out in other work centers. I know the guide says that but you'd be amazed at how frequently we get team members who will be folding a table, looking at a guest in domestics and refuse to go over to help them. I explain to them that its a very fast paced environment and they will be expected to keep up. In style I get a lot of people who think we are going to pay them to talk and shop for cute outfits for the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back