Archived new to receiving....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to another store for one week of training and I have done two days last week at our store and started this week full time as receiver. It's such a mess and I don't know where to start MIRS are over a month late. I have been cleaning and trying to catch up I have at least 3 tubes of defectives. And I have a tub of recalls from who knows when and a few pallets of who knows what I was told that it was MIRs from a year ago that we are waiting for instructions for.... any info would be amazing I hate to have a bunch of stuff laying around I dont have space as is....

Do you have any specific questions/issues? One of my favorite TLs used to be our reciever and he’s awesome. Would be happy to ask him anything you need to know!!

You will have a pallet of stuff to hang on to, normal. There is a pallet of that crap above our receiving desk as well.. It seems they place stuff on a recall/hold and forget about for months on end.

MIR's jebus, if you have some that old there are probably some on the PDA, and no I haven't seen them cross over, those you can probably look up on workbench, they have a list you can see status of those there. I would just pick a spot and jump in, probably some of the newer stuff cause you aren't trying to figure out what someone else did, you could work some start to finish and get your feet under you then can work back to figuring out what someone else did. Kinda how I did it.

I'm surprised that you have MIRS that are that old. I was only a week behind on some of mine and they just disappeared.

As for the recalls there is a excel spreadsheet on Workbench that will give you a list of recalls and their disposition status. I would suggest looking for the DPCIs on that list and see if they pop up with final dispositions. Unfortunately some will probably be long past and won't have any information on how to deal with them and if it was a return to vendor then that makes it even more difficult. When I took over receiving last year I had a similar problem and I ended up having to send in a bunch of mysupports asking about certain product.

If you have any specific questions about other things let me know and I'll try to help you out. A bunch of processes in receiving recently changed so there are still things we are all trying to figure out. Target is horrible about rolling out new apps/processes without giving all the info we need.

I went to another store for one week of training and I have done two days last week at our store and started this week full time as receiver. It's such a mess and I don't know where to start MIRS are over a month late. I have been cleaning and trying to catch up I have at least 3 tubes of defectives. And I have a tub of recalls from who knows when and a few pallets of who knows what I was told that it was MIRs from a year ago that we are waiting for instructions for.... any info would be amazing I hate to have a bunch of stuff laying around I dont have space as is....
Well here is how you differentiate non qa mirs and qa mirs aka recalls. Most likely the stuff over a year long are recalls and not non qa mirs. Regular mirs are movies , dvds books , cellphones and electronics . Qa mirs aka recalls could be anything from clothing , food , home decor , furniture and so forth . I suggest look in revlog pull and see what you have and start with those. Also don’t forget as a receiver you also have the sweep and esim. For sweep , mirs and recalls you use same app revlog pull to pull the batch and revlog to ship them . When you ship mirs you chose chargeback , when you ship recalls you chose store workbench. Like the above post says you can check on the excel recall data sheet and look by the dpci and you should have a final disposition for them . And just because you have stuff from a year long doesn’t mean you just disregard them . I have recalls since 2013 because it’s a legal issue going on . And just like all the stores a pallet of shoes that in still waiting for a final disposition. If you have any questions I would be more than happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back