Archived New to Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I started at Target as a hard lines team member about a week ago. My training ended today but I still have some questions I was hoping can be answered.
1) what are 4x4 and the mid-day zone?
2) when I get there my first day without a trainer, do I go on the walkie to ask for instructions from the LOD?
3) Are POGs something I have to train for? My trainer went over them quickly but I don't understand the whole untying/tying situation.
4) If my LOD gives me something to do and I finish it, do I have to report to her every time I finish something and need another task?
Thanks in advance! If I have any other questions I will add them later! Also, could you guys include any tips that might be helpful?

1. Never heard of 4x4, but mid-day zones are areas that are usually the group zone after morning huddle to clean up the areas that are the roughest after closing the night before.
2. When you get clocked in, simply grab a walkie and announce "LOD This is 201267 and I'm here for the day, where do you need me?"
3. As hardlines, you generally don't have to mess with the POG situation unless it's a special project a TL or LOD wants you to do. In the case that it may happen, just ask for a quick lesson on what to do.
4. After you finished an assigned task and weren't told what to do afterwards, you can say "LOD, this is 201267 and I've finished [whatever the task was]. What do you want me to do next?", being hardlines it'll usually be reshop, a quick zone, or the pulls.

As for tips, I've been hardlines for a year now so I've got a couple tips I can pass onto you. Learn as much about every area of the store, including softlines. Chances are you'll be the one everyone goes to for break coverage as most specialized positions (electronics, market, etc) have tasks they have to do aswell and may be too busy to cover for each other.

Get buddy buddy with people in every area of the store as well, it looks good if you interact with your TM's in a friendly manner.

Never, ever, ever, refer to a guest as a customer around a TL or LOD. In my experience it usually leads to them acting like you kicked a dog in front of them. "*GASP* They are guests here! They are not customers!"

And as a personal peeve, keep up on reshop. Especially if you're mid-day. If you don't work it out, that leaves so much work for the closer that it can result in them being extremely late to zone and leave a dirty store.

If you've got any more questions don't be afraid to sent me a private message if you want more detailed answers. And I leave you with a message.
tumblr_o4sdnnQ8DT1udh5n8o1_500.gif

4x4 means zoning to planogram if that helps you at all.

Welcome to The Break Room.

Thanks for your answers! I have 2 more questions @commiecorvus and @PaleIrishmen.
1) For call boxes, when they are just buttons I know you have to push the top part back to let the store know the customer was helped. For the actual phone boxes, do I press the button on the side?
2) What are closings like? I have 2 scheduled for next week and we didn't go over them in training and anything I've heard about it was unpleasant. What should I prepare for? How many hardliners/sales floor team members are usually on the floor?

The phone call buttons are exactly that, just press the red or black button on the side down for a few seconds and you'll hear that it's cleared over the walkie.

Closings are bad because you'll be zoning for your entire shift unless there's pulls still on the line in receiving. As well as the fact that closers come in during the beginning or the middle of rush hour so it's usually a bit chaotic at the beginning. With hours being good now that Back To School is coming, small stores like mine will schedule two hardlines on average for closing. Larger stores may have more than that but I've not worked in a large store so I couldn't give you a definite answer on that.

Closing isn't that bad, but when the mid day hardlines didn't do shit for abandons or mid day zone it makes it a quite a bit worse than it actually is.

You're welcome! If you ever have any more questions just ask me or anyone else, I couldn't tell you how many times this forums has saved my ass with information I needed to know.

Welcome! 4 by 4 are certain location in aisle. You should have training for 1 week to 2 weeks. Stay on your trainer for info.

Hey guys! I started at Target as a hard lines team member about a week ago. My training ended today but I still have some questions I was hoping can be answered.
1) what are 4x4 and the mid-day zone?
2) when I get there my first day without a trainer, do I go on the walkie to ask for instructions from the LOD?
3) Are POGs something I have to train for? My trainer went over them quickly but I don't understand the whole untying/tying situation.
4) If my LOD gives me something to do and I finish it, do I have to report to her every time I finish something and need another task?
Thanks in advance! If I have any other questions I will add them later! Also, could you guys include any tips that might be helpful?

Zone (pull items forward) though out your shift, dont wait for a couple hours into the end of your shift. If Im working out a pull, Ill zone what I see. Same thing with abandon just pick it up when you see it. If I close I will go around my work center just to pick up abandon.

Like @PaleIrishmen learn Target terms. I can see the vein in my ETL head pop out whenever someone says customer over the radio.

@Hardlinesmaster : Thanks! My training was only a week but I'm finding it really helpful to ask questions here.
@Nokiddiegloves : That's a good tip, thank you. Also, I'm trying to learn the terms but it's looking a bit impossible as of now. Target has code words for everything in the store!

Welcome. You will pick up the lingo before you know it!

Also, I love Jellies :D

@Yetive I hope so, I feel so lost when the more experienced team members talk haha
Also, jellies are pretty cool :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back