Archived New to the flow team, and need a pointer or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when 'bowling' (when putting the boxes by where they will go on the shelf, I get confused.

The Number A26(5) 2-1-2
I learned it as Aisle 26 second section, bottom shelf, and the second label over.
but some in packages have the item would be on the 5th section, bottom shelf, and the second label.
Saying the items will sometimes be on the number in parenthesis , and sometimes it will be on the section specified.

I dont get which to choose, sometimes its in the (5th) and sometimes on the '2nd' its frustrating me because it slows me down, and I feel I'm letting others down. any trick behind this, without having to take time to open boxes up to check?

Thanks for the tips in advance, hoping to work a bit faster.

The (5) is telling you the section that the planogram for that item begins in. In your example the planogram begins in section five, so the 2nd section beginning in five would be 6. so A26(5)2-1-2. Would be the 6th section 1st shelf, 2nd facing.

I was just as confused as you when I first started but I use a different trick. Example: A26(5) 2-1-2, What I do is Add the number in the parenthesis with the first number in line then subtract one and then begin counting my sections so 5+2 = 7 - 1 = 6, so you count 6 sections. This method doesn't apply to Endcaps (0) and Sidecaps (99).

Thank you both so much. I will try this out next time I work.

Oh I know about that, it means it can be stocked on multiple shelves. Found I had to do that for the bleach.

"For example: D21 (4) - (1) - (2) would be aisle D21, 4th section in aisle D21, 1st level and 2nd section of that shelf over"

the example here is what I would expect target to label it as. But the Target I am located at has and extra number right by the aisle as so '
A25(5) 2-2-1 thats was confused me.

But now I know to add the (5+2)- '1'= to get the 6th section. Idk why target doesnt just label it as (6). But thank you for the help. Im going to the advice SrTL and ssjnco85 gave me see if things go on the shelves according to that.

Last edited:
But now I know to add the (5+2)- '1'= to get the 6th section. Idk why target doesnt just label it as (6).

Most aisles have a planogram that covers the entire length of the aisle. However, there are some cases where an aisle may have multiple planograms (i.e. if you have a different set-up of shelves at one end). If you enter a new planogram, the numbers start over because you want every planogram to start from 1.

On a side note, those blasted storage futons are on sale at my store and have 4 sales floor locations: one on an endcap in D (furniture), two in BTC (mini), and one in rear seasonal. The D endcap is for the display unit only, and the three seasonal locations do not seem to exist. The two mini locations were replaced with store ties (without untying the original POG) and the rear seasonal location had a parentheses number (50). It's my understanding that (0) is for an endcap and (99) is for a sidecap, but that particular aisle in seasonal is only 6 sections long. How can there be a section (50)?

"For example: D21 (4) - (1) - (2) would be aisle D21, 4th section in aisle D21, 1st level and 2nd section of that shelf over"

the example here is what I would expect target to label it as. But the Target I am located at has and extra number right by the aisle as so '
A25(5) 2-2-1 thats was confused me.

But now I know to add the (5+2)- '1'= to get the 6th section. Idk why target doesnt just label it as (6). But thank you for the help. Im going to the advice SrTL and ssjnco85 gave me see if things go on the shelves according to that.

You're missing the reason why. Target doesn't label it as (6) because the planogram for that item begins in section 5, beginning in 5, the second section would be 6. does this make more sense? They don't list it as 6 because the pog doesn't start in 6.

The number in parenthesis is always the section the pog starts in, so basically that is your starting point for counting the sections.

Stinking phone-

Cont- Going to be positive and make sure I'm not a screw up by the time she's done with me.

As for the scanner, i do that with loose items if I can't find a location..but can it scan boxes before they're opened?

In my experience, Flow team-members generally know the location of items better than the department team leaders. But, to correct an earlier comment, if even one piece will go out, the boxes should be opened and the items stocked.

Today went a zillion times better, she said she was told i had to fix a few sections to even push the cart, lots of overstock in the wrong areas and she wished she'd have known before talking to me about my time. Ad setup went better than ever and I think we cleared up the box location issues. she even offered to feed me. I knocked out another 4am 11 hour Sunday and got a hand cramp writing GTC cards for everyone that went above and beyond today. Now I have to try not to take a nap so I can sleep tonight, soooooo tired and we have another big truck tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back